A metal picket fence has become an excellent alternative to a wooden fence: a photo of such structures illustrates the clarity of lines and a variety of options. The metal picket fence is distinguished by its durability, variety of colors and high-quality protective polymer coating. Manufacturers offer components for assembly fence, it is quite easy to install. And such a structure can serve over 50 years.
- 1 Advantages of a metal fence profile
- 2 Features of metal picket fences
- 3 A metal picket fence: photo options for the design of fences
- 4 DIY metal picket fences
- 5 Euro fence for a fence: photos, prices of finished sections
Advantages of a metal fence profile
A fence made of a metal picket fence (the photo clearly demonstrates this) is not only reliable protection and securing the boundaries of the site, but also serves as a stylish garden accessory that decorates the local area. Due to the fact that the picket fence is available in a wide range of colors, you can choose the desired color in harmony with the roof or facade cladding of the main house.
A very popular color imitating wood. Such fencing its natural color visually resembles a fence made of wooden picket fences. The height of the fence made of the euro-fence is selected individually, it is perfect for framing summer cottages and backyards, highlighting recreation areas, flower beds and flower beds. Photos of beautiful picket fences illustrate various forms of enclosing structures.
In addition to the aesthetic appearance, metal picket fences have a number of significant advantages:
- versatility - fences can be used not only for fixing the perimeter of personal plots, arranging gates, gates, but also for fencing the territory of administrative, industrial and agricultural complexes;
- reliability and durability - the profile, made of galvanized steel, has a protective coating that does not fade in the sun. The fence is resistant to temperature extremes, natural precipitation, not subject to wind conditions;
- excellent protective functions - fence can reach 5 m in height, the upper ends of the picket fence made in the form of a point make it difficult to overcome such a fence;
DIY wood fence. Interesting solutions for modern fences. Types of wooden fences. Helpful hints for installation. Do-it-yourself wicker fences. Installation of a fence made of boards.
- variety of shapes - sections fence can have a wavy or straight shape, it is possible to design the fence in the form of a "checkerboard", the design of the picket fence itself can be one-sided and two-sided. Optionally, you can adjust the pitch of the picket fence, getting a translucent or closed type of fence;
- light weight, ease of transportation, ease of installation - compact packaging of fencing elements makes it possible to comfortably transport the material, simple installation is ensured by the presence of an assembly diagram and a set of fasteners. Bolted connections are used for installation. In case of failure of a separate element, it can be easily replaced with a new one;
- easy maintenance - the fence does not require periodic repairs, you can use a regular sink for maintenance;
- low cost - the price of a metal picket fence for a fence is 20-30% lower than for fences made of corrugated board with similar performance characteristics. The absence of costs during operation is economically justified and profitable for use fence, both for protection and for decoration of the territory.
Features of metal picket fences
Fence it is assembled from a euro fence according to the same principle as a wooden fence: vertical posts, transverse horizontal guides and a metal picket fence. The fence can be made one-sided or with both front sides. Two colors are often used: a bright one on the side of the street and a calmer tone on the inside of the yard.
As support legs for sections fence you can use metal, concrete or wooden posts. The base can be tape, columnar or pile foundation... If you intend to combine a metal picket fence with brick or masonry, you will need a solid base of concrete or brick. Such a fence will be more expensive, but its appearance will be much more solid.
A lighter and more inexpensive fence can be obtained by using a metal hollow pipe with a diameter of 0.6 m or a profile pipe of square or rectangular cross-section as support posts. For reliability, the pipes are installed in the ground and concreted. Profile pipes with a smaller section are suitable for guides.
When assembling fences from a euro-piece, it is recommended to use a building level to determine a clear vertical and horizontal line of the elements used. The strength and appearance of the structure directly depends on this.
Useful advice! Depending on the general style of the local area, you can use a metal picket fence with rounded or pointed upper ends, or enclose all vertical elements under a horizontal decorative strip in the form of a ridge.
It is possible to give the fence made of euro shtaketnik a more presentable look by installing brick pillars for the fence. A photo of the options available on the network will help you get acquainted with the varieties of such enclosing structures.
A metal picket fence: photo options for the design of fences
Despite the simple design, there are many options for the execution of metal picket fences:
- wavy - consists of sections, the upper part of which resembles a wave in shape;
- arcuate convex - the upper cut of such a fence has a convex arc;
- arcuate concave - spans fence have a concave shape, where the middle strips have the smallest height;
- "Ladder" - in this model of the fence, the strips alternate with each other in length: one is higher, the other is lower;
- “Herringbone” variant - the shape of the upper part of the sections resembles the shape of the conical crown of a spruce;
- shape "Trapezium" - in this fence, the pattern of the upper cut has a trapezoidal shape;
- "Peaks" configuration - top edge line fence resembles peaks, of which there can be several in one section;
- "Canyon" shape - in this version, along the edges of the section there are the highest planks, which gradually decrease towards the middle of the span;
- model "Wings" - in this version, the top line drawing resembles a wingspan;
- "Pyramid" - the span of one section is shaped like a pyramid.
In addition, a euro fence can be installed on a stone or brick base. Such a fence looks very impressive and has a reliable design. From the slats you can also make gate and wicket... Recently, it is very often possible to see the horizontal arrangement of the picket fence at a certain angle with an overlap of the "blinds" type.
DIY metal picket fences
Given the simplicity and ease of installation, installing a fence from a picket fence with your own hands will not be difficult. All accessories, fasteners and assembly diagrams can be purchased complete with a picket fence.
Required tools and materials
To erect a structure from a euroshtaketnik, the following tools will be required:
- shovel, manual or electric drill - needed for making holes or trenches for a tape base;
- welding machine - necessary for fixing horizontal guides to the support pillars;
- screwdriver or screwdriver - with this tool, metal strips are attached to the guides;
- a hammer, a building level, a line for marking, a tape measure, a sledgehammer and other small tools that may be needed in the process;
From materials you will need:
- shaped hollow pipes with a cross-sectional area of 60x60 mm - given that the sections of the metal picket fence are quite light in weight, this cross-sectional size will be sufficient for vertical supports
Useful advice! The longer the span and the higher the fence, the larger the cross-section of the metal pillars is used to construct the supports.
- metal profile pipe 20x40 mm - a profile of a smaller cross-section is used for horizontal guides to which the euro bar will be attached;
- metal strips (picket fence) - the shape of the profile and the thickness of the strips, their number is selected individually, depending on the type of future structure. If a blank fence is planned, you will have to purchase twice as many slats;
- self-tapping screws with press washers - for fastening the strips to the guides, it is necessary to purchase fasteners of a color similar to the euro shtaketnik;
- primer, paint in the color of the picket fence - for painting the metal frame;
- crushed stone, sand, cement - for concreting support pillars.
Installation of the fence frame
Before proceeding with the installation of vertical supports, it is necessary to mark the perimeter for the future structure. The territory is freed from vegetation and debris, pegs are hammered along the perimeter and a construction cord is pulled between them. Further, the places for the installation of the pillars are outlined, they are located at a distance of 1.5-2 m from each other.
In the designated places, holes are drilled or dug with a depth of about 60 cm.The installation of metal pipes for the fence is carried out by immersing them in the holes obtained, after which the vertical is checked with a level and with the help of a sledgehammer they are driven into the ground for another 40-45 cm. Then the pits with the pillars are concreted. At this point, it is important to check that all posts are vertical and of the same height.
Once the concrete has set, transverse metal beams are welded to the vertical supports. The first rail is attached at a distance of 30-40 cm from the ground level, 20-30 cm recede from above. The finished frame fence coated with a primer and painted to match the color of a metal picket fence, paying special attention to the places of welding joints.
Useful advice! To prevent water from entering the vertical support pipes, cover each rack with a decorative cap of the same color.
Fastening metal strips
In order for a fence made of euro-shtaketnik to have a neat appearance, it is necessary to place each bar at an equal distance from each other. The gaps between the planks of unequal width make the appearance sloppy and immediately catch the eye. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully mark and fix the location of the metal picket fence.
If your fence does not have a plinth, you need to take care that the distance from the ground to the bottom edge of the picket fence is sufficient to prevent metal contact with the ground and water, and at the same time, so that a small animal cannot squeeze under the fence.
For fixing the picket fence, only galvanized self-tapping screws are used. In this case, the attachment points will not corrode. Self-tapping screws can be purchased in the same color as the picket cover. Each strip is fixed at four points along its height. The step between the plates is selected individually and can be from 1 to 10 cm.
The most common is the distance between the strips of 3 cm. The strips are fixed in two ways: the usual fastening - for a translucent fence and checkerboard - to obtain a deaf structure.
Euro fence for a fence: photos, prices of finished sections
It is possible to purchase euro shtaketnik from manufacturers specializing in the production of such fences. There are two options for manufacturing a metal picket fence: the spans of the fence can be cut from a solid profiled sheet or produced on special equipment - a rolling mill.
It should be noted that a picket fence cut from a profiled sheet is the most affordable, and rolled products have a well-processed edge of the strips, which contributes to their durability, but their price is much higher.
Fencing made of euro shtaketnik can be purchased in ready-made sections or individually. Approximate prices of a metal picket fence per piece: with one-sided coating from 60 rubles / r.m., with double-sided coating - from 70 rubles / r.m. The cost of the fence section is influenced by the height of the structure, the gap between the slats, the ways of fastening the plates and the presence of gates and gates.
We will consider the approximate cost of a fence from a euro-shtaketnik with installation in the tables below.
Euroshtaketnik "Economy": U-shaped profile, fastened to two guides, support posts made of a profile pipe 2 mm thick with a section of 60x60 mm:
|Fence height, m||Step between planks, cm||Cost, rub / r.m.|
Metal picket fence "Finfold": U-shaped profile, fastened to two guides, support posts made of a profile pipe 2 mm thick with a section of 60x60 mm:
|Fence height, m||Step between planks, cm||Cost, rub / r.m.|
On the websites of manufacturers there are photos with models of sections of the proposed fences.You can navigate the price of an individual fence design using an electronic online calculator or by calling the manufacturer's consulting service. Quite often, all sorts of promotions are arranged, including the free production of a fence or a wicket when ordering a fencing from a euro shtaketnik.
Many consider a metal picket fence to be the optimal solution for fencing backyards and summer cottages. The installation of such a fence does not require significant financial costs, the fence can be easily assembled independently and gives a chance to prove itself in the role of a designer by combining a metal picket fence with other building materials.
If you do not have practical skills in construction, or you have limited free time, it is possible to choose a reliable manufacturer of europads and order your favorite model with installation. Surely the fence made by professionals will have a very dignified and attractive appearance.