Along with the onset of cold weather, the owners of country houses are forced to start clearing snow again and again. The article will tell you how to make a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands, the principle of operation, characteristics and features. As well as advice and recommendations on choosing the best option among the models offered on the market.
- 1 How is a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor
- 2 Snow blower for motor-block Neva
- 3 Rotary snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands: drawings and photo examples
- 4 How to choose and buy a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor
- 5 Recommendations for the operation of a walk-behind tractor with a snow plow
How is a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor
If we consider the models that are on sale, the principle of their operation will be approximately the following: the device consists of an engine, front blades that select the snow and a rotor unit inside the mechanism. Due to the operation of the engine, the auger rotates, which breaks the layer of snow in front of it and rakes up its crushed parts. The rotor blades, raking up the snow, feed it into the device, after which they are pushed out through the outlet pipe at a distance of several meters.
Such a two-stage design is quite convenient in operation, however, it is more typical for finished devices and, when implemented independently, has some difficulties. Therefore, when it comes to making a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands, it is better to use a simplified mechanism.
There are many options for self-manufacturing devices: someone uses the blades located on the auger to throw snow, and someone, on the contrary, prefers using a rotor, while simply shoveling up the snow on their own using a bucket. In any case, both options can greatly facilitate the process of snow removal.
It is quite simple to independently determine the type of snow blower from a walk-behind tractor that you want to make. There are only three main types of devices: screw, rotary and two-stage. Considering this or that manufacturing option, you will understand what their differences are and will be able to make the right choice for yourself.
Snow blower for motor-block Neva
Do-it-yourself snow blower for a walk-behind tractor Neva is perhaps one of the most popular options today. Such a design will be quite easy to assemble, and most importantly, very efficient in operation. It is enough just to select and install a snow plow on the Neva walk-behind tractor.
However, it is the price of a snow plow for the Neva walk-behind tractor that often becomes a stumbling block. Depending on the model, its cost can range from 16,000 rubles. For this reason, homemade models are quite common. Consider the three most popular options:
- bulldozer attachment for a snow blower on the Neva walk-behind tractor. The price of such an option in finished form will be quite high, while doing everything with your own hands is quite simple, and the result will be in no way inferior to the factory device. Using a special adapter, to walk-behind tractor attaches a nozzle like a bulldozer. In this case, a metal sheet with a pointed end, which is also called a knife, is used to break the snow cover. The snow cover is literally cut off by the device, after which it is simply pushed aside;
Useful advice! In order to ensure long and trouble-free operation of such a device, it is better to use steel elements for the manufacture of all fasteners and parts.
- the second option is more difficult to implement and requires blueprints. However, if you choose a suitable scheme and have a welding machine at your disposal, you can make a very convenient and efficient snow blower. The principle of operation of such a snow blower for a Neva walk-behind tractor with your own hands is as follows: as in the finished rotary nozzle, there is a box, auger and a pipe responsible for ejecting snow. Such a two-stage system allows for maximum efficiency of the device, but its manufacture will require a little more time and effort;
- the third option is a fan snow thrower. The mechanism of such a device is similar to that of a conventional fan. Special blades scoop up the snow, which is immediately thrown at a certain distance through the pipe. Despite the seeming simplicity, this option is rather difficult for independent implementation and requires certain skills. But if you have enough free time and desire, then it is quite possible to give preference to this method.
What is better, buy a snow blower for the Neva walk-behind tractor or make it yourself?
It is difficult to unequivocally answer the question which is better, to purchase a ready-made snow blower or to make your own. On the one hand, purchasing a factory model is not cheap and is often too expensive for a common user. But on the other hand, making such a device is not always easy for those who have not previously faced a similar task. This requires skill and effort. So before deciding in favor of this or that option, it is better to sensibly assess your capabilities.
Such a device as a mounted snow blower for the Neva walk-behind tractor requires maintenance. Otherwise, its operational life will be short, regardless of whether you bought it or made it yourself. First of all, carry out a regular inspection of all fasteners, and tighten them if necessary. In addition, it does not hurt to regularly check the condition of the bolts and belts to avoid breakage during operation.
Useful advice! If you have to clear snow for a long time, make it a rule to inspect the equipment every 5-6 hours. This is the optimal time between checks.
Rotary snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands: drawings and photo examples
Having a working walk-behind tractor and drawings available, a rotary snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands is a quite feasible task. Using the assembly diagrams, you can make the missing elements of the device and use the device as intended.At the same time, when choosing a drawing for work, pay attention to the specified parameters of the product. Taking a drawing in hand, you will see that without fail all the necessary details are shown on it with instructions for their dimensions in millimeters. To work, you will need sheet steel, a welding machine, and access to a lathe (or the ability to contact a foreman).
The main part of any snow blower is the auger. For its manufacture, we use a pipe and half-discs made of sheet steel with a thickness of 2 mm. The discs are welded onto the pipe, forming a double-sided spiral on the right and left sides. In order for the structure to be durable, special attention must be paid to the welding places.
Useful advice! If available, you can use an old auger that could be left over from agricultural machinery.
The next step is to ensure the mobility of the auger. To do this, use ball bearings 203. Using bolts and nuts, their bodies must be attached to the side parts of the snow blower. In this way, the auger will rotate and feed the snow, which is cutting, onto the rotor.
An aluminum boiler with a volume of 20 liters is quite suitable as a basis for the rotor. Using 4mm rivets, it is attached to the front of the case. So, falling into the drum, snow will be thrown by shovels at a distance of several meters (usually from 3 to 5 m).
It is also worth paying attention to the organization of the torque that is transmitted to the snow blower from the walk-behind tractor. It is transmitted directly from the motor-block engine itself to its shaft, which is already connected to the shaft of the snow blower itself. For this purpose, the A-100 belt and the corresponding pulley are perfect.
The body of the snow blower itself is easy to manufacture according to the scheme, using steel sheets, 2 mm thick. For fastening, rivets of 4 mm in diameter are perfect, as well as M4 screws.
Useful advice! In order to be able to control the height of the snow being removed, you can make special skis at the bottom of the structure.
How to choose and buy a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor
But it also happens that after looking at the instructions and diagrams on how to make a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands, you came to the conclusion that such an activity is not for you, and it will be much easier for you to purchase a ready-made device. However, the prices of snow removal nozzles for walk-behind tractors, as well as their characteristics, differ markedly from each other. Making the right choice is not always easy. As an example, consider the most popular options that are in the greatest demand today.
Snow blower for the Salute walk-behind tractor: characteristics and features
The snow removal attachment for the Salute walk-behind tractor allows cleaning the ground surface from snow at temperatures from -20 to + 5 ° C. It is recommended for use only on flat surfaces, and can be purchased in two different modifications, which differ from each other in the way they are attached to the walk-behind tractor.
Main technical characteristics and parameters:
- dimensions - 600x640x820 mm;
- surface coverage - 500 mm;
- the maximum layer of snow that can be captured is 17 cm;
- screw speed - from 1900 to 2100 rpm;
- weight - 60 kg.
Principle of operation:
- the active part of the structure, the auger, rotating, rakes up snow on its way from the edges to the center;
- special blades located in the center push snow into the nozzle of the body;
- then the snow is thrown aside.
In this model, a lot of adjustments are available, including the snow throwing range, which can be changed using the visor, as well as the engine speed. In addition, you can change the direction of the snow throw by rotating the screen.
The installation of the snow blower on the Salute walk-behind tractor is carried out as follows: the walk-behind tractor is disconnected, the cotter pin and the footboard attachment axis are removed. On a flat surface, the snow blower is mounted on a walk-behind tractor. To do this, it is necessary to insert the hitch into the frame so that the bolt with the spacer sleeve enters the hitch groove. After that, connect the hitch to the snow blower body using two bolts, without tightening them.
After that, it is necessary to put on the snow blower drive belt, having previously removed the protective covering of the power take-off shaft pulley. Moving the hitch along the beam, adjust the interposition of the elements so that the belt engages smoothly, without distortions. Then the bolts can be tightened. Next, the protective cover of the PTO pulley is installed in place and secured.
Snow blowers MTD: which model is better to choose
Another popular option to avoid making a snow plow for a walk-behind tractor with your own hands is to purchase special equipment manufactured by MTD. Today it is considered one of the best, and has a fairly wide selection of models, the most popular among which are MTD-M 61, MTD-ME 66, MTD-640 and MTD-M56.
Having familiarized yourself with the technical characteristics, as well as the main tasks that these devices are designed to solve, you can easily decide which of the options is best for you. For example, the M-61 model is great for clearing large, flat surfaces, while the ME-66 is more focused on difficult weather conditions and severe icy drifts.
The cost of snow blowers also varies depending on their purpose. So, the most budgetary model is the M-56. Its cost ranges from 35-37 thousand rubles. ME-61 will cost a little more - about 49 thousand rubles. The average option can be considered M-61 - 44 thousand rubles.
Recommendations for the operation of a walk-behind tractor with a snow plow
Regardless of whether you prefer to buy a snow blower for a walk-behind tractor, or use a home-made device, there is a set of rules that are recommended for working with equipment of this type. By adhering to them, you can not only extend the life of the device, but also avoid many dangerous situations:
- Before starting work, be sure to thoroughly inspect the surface on which you plan to clear the snow. Otherwise, along with the snow, foreign objects may get into the mechanism, which will lead to breakdown. In addition, by throwing such an object at a decent distance, the snow blower can harm someone's property or health;
- be sure to take care of your own safety: clothes should be comfortable, in season, without long parts that can get caught in a moving mechanism. The choice of shoes must also be approached responsibly - it should not slip. In addition, it is strictly forbidden to use a snow blower without first wearing protective goggles;
- if any unforeseen situation arises, first turn off the device completely. You can start troubleshooting the problem only if you are sure that the snow blower is disabled;
- The snow blower nozzle on the walk-behind tractor is designed to work on relatively flat surfaces. Do not use it on too steep inclines or slopes;
- according to safety rules, the distance that must be observed in the work, from the side of snow throwing is 10 m.Make sure that there are no people, cars, etc in this gap during the snow clearing;
- when working with wet, slightly melted snow, be sure to take breaks from work to make sure that no part of the snow blower is clogged with snow.
If you follow all these rules, then a rotary snow blower for a walk-behind tractor can be considered a safe device. The main thing to remember is that such devices do not tolerate haste and fuss. If you decide to clear the snow, set aside sufficient time for this, and approach this task as responsibly as possible.
As you can see, the annual need to clean snow can become less tedious for quite affordable funds. Depending on your desires and capabilities, you can purchase a snow blower from the manufacturer, or make it by yourself... In any case, this will greatly facilitate your work and will allow you to spend much less time clearing snow than manual work would take.