The owners of a private house are trying to improve the site so that it is as comfortable as possible to spend time with family and friends on it. A properly designed barbecue area in the country will be an excellent place to relax, especially if you correctly choose a place and select the optimal area. It is important to find good building materials, furniture and accessories. If there is no experience, following simple instructions, a lot can be done with your own hands.
- 1 What rules are recommended to follow when choosing a place for a barbecue area in the country
- 2 The main types of barbecue areas for private houses
- 3 Mangal area in the country: features of creating a project
- 4 Features of creating the foundation of the barbecue area with your own hands
- 5 Installing a barbecue in the country: how to choose the right product
- 6 How to make a recreation area in the country with your own hands from scrap materials
- 7 Construction of a canopy and zoning of the barbecue area in the country: photos of finished objects
- 8 How to choose furniture, choose the right lighting and other decor
What rules are recommended to follow when choosing a place for a barbecue area in the country
A resting place in the country will be convenient and comfortable only if you correctly think over all the nuances of placement, configuration and design. The designated area should be not only comfortable and pleasant, but also safe at the same time. For these reasons, it is recommended to start construction with the right choice of location.
Before you arrange a recreation area in the country, you should pay attention to the remoteness of the site from other buildings and outbuildings. You need to understand that the barbecue area is considered not only a fire hazardous place, but also a territory that is characterized by increased smoke. If smoke penetrates the windows of living rooms, it will be not only unpleasant, but also hazardous to health. Therefore, it is recommended to take the place for cooking as far as possible from solid buildings. At the same time, one should not forget about neighboring houses in order to avoid conflicts.
The next moment is the choice of a calm place. To make it comfortable for vacationers and there is no likelihood of hot coals blowing up, the site must be well protected from the wind. Otherwise, the wind can not only provoke a fire, but also significantly extend the cooking time.
To protect the barbecue area from gusts of wind, it is advised to equip it on the leeward side of the site. When this is not possible, the installation is carried out behind any structures that reduce the effect of the wind - behind a fence, vegetation or the wall of another building. The optimal height of the protective wall in this case is 150 cm or more.
Useful advice! If the recreation area in the country house with a barbecue is located in a dismembered area, then for organizing the space it is recommended to choose a hollow or other negative relief form where a gusty wind will not interfere with the rest process.
An important component of the arrangement of the barbecue area in the country is the aesthetics of the territory chosen for the design. If possible, it is better to locate the grill away from the farmyard, neighboring plot and household buildings. If this is unrealistic to carry out, the refining can be done independently. For this, it is recommended to use beautiful flower beds, hedges or other elements of landscape design. Many people prefer to equip the border of the local area and the landscape zone for organizing a recreation site.
In order to create more comfort, the project of the recreation area in the country house should be supplemented with comfortable paths and properly organized lighting. It is important to provide access to water here, at least cold, so that you do not have to constantly run to the main kitchen. If children often rest in the country, it is important to equip an area for games that will be clearly visible from the barbecue.
How to separate the recreation area in the country from the garden and other elements of the site
After the optimal place for the construction of the barbecue area has been precisely determined, it is recommended to take care of the zoning of the territory. If you look at the photo of projects of barbecue zones in the country, you can pay attention to the fact that most often the work area and the rest area are separated from each other using various options.
The simplest and most aesthetic way of zoning a site is a hedge. In plant nurseries today, you can find a large selection of various annual or perennial flowers that beautifully wrap around any obstacle. Thanks to this ability, with the help of plants, a unique, picturesque hedge is created, which not only plays the role of zoning, but also decorates the barbecue area.
Important! When choosing the type of plants for a hedge, you need to take into account the degree of illumination of the area, which will affect the growth rate and fertility. If you choose coniferous plants for the hedge, then, in addition to creating an attractive appearance, the recreation area will be filled with a pleasant aroma of needles.
It is not necessary to use live plantations to highlight the recreation area. In the photo of the barbecue areas, you can see that many for this purpose erect beautiful hedges, independently made of metal, brick, stone, wood, or a combination of these materials. Fences made of bamboo look unusually beautiful. When decorating the barbecue area in the country with your own hands, it is important to use materials that will perfectly harmonize with the overall design of the territory.
The main types of barbecue areas for private houses
In the understanding of most people, a brazier is considered a large brazier, shaped like a wide bowl with a lid. Today, for greater convenience, barbecue is called a variety of devices used for cooking meat, fish, vegetables and other products by the method of frying over coals.Therefore, there are a huge number of different projects of barbecue areas, differing in the way of arrangement and construction. For construction, the most common building materials are most often used:
- a rock.
Among the main types of structures, the following stand out:
- stationary and semi-stationary;
If you look at the photos of projects of barbecue zones, you can often see an open type of construction, when the barbecue is located in the open air - directly on the ground or on a simple foundation. This option is considered popular due to the fact that the arrangement of such a zone will require a minimum amount of finance and time. The significant disadvantages of this design are the dependence on weather conditions and the need to create additional elements for bad weather.
If a decision was made to organize an open barbecue, in this case it is better to give preference to portable or collapsible barbecue made of metal. Considering the photo of how to equip a barbecue area in the country, you can pay attention to the fact that an open structure is most often installed on a concrete or brick platform where a stationary stove is located.
Covered grill in the yard is located in most cases under a canopy, next to which there is a table and seating areas are equipped. A canopy is a semi-closed gazebo or a structure on supports, glazing is generally not used. It is recommended to have an indoor barbecue in the backyard. In this case, in addition to the collapsible barbecue, it is permissible to install a stationary structure.
What are the types of gazebos with a barbecue area, depending on their location
Universal mobile. The convenience of creating a portable barbecue area lies in the fact that, depending on the circumstances, it is easy to move it to any other convenient place on the site. This option is considered temporary, it is installed at the time of the main work on the arrangement of the site. Some even prefer to rent a barbecue area in case of a holiday.
Patio. The structure is a fenced area located in the backyard of the house, often of an open type. For convenience, the back wall is part of a fence or house. If there are no other structures nearby, the zone is complemented by trellis or green spaces. For a patio, it is important to purchase special outdoor furniture that does not deteriorate under the influence of rain or the scorching sun. If desired, the structure can be supplemented with a canopy in the form of a large umbrella, as can often be seen in the photo of barbecue areas in the country with your own hands.
Veranda. With such an organization, the barbecue area is protected from bad weather from all sides. In such an extension, many build a reliable hearth with a chimney, and some even build a bathhouse next to the barbecue area, which will make the rest even more diverse. A covered veranda with a seating area allows you to install solid massive furniture here.
Helpful information! The veranda is considered an integral part of the main building. Therefore, when organizing a recreation area here, furniture and decoration should be selected based on the overall design of the house in order to get a holistic picture.
Mangal area in the country: features of creating a project
Before starting work on preparation, it is recommended to preview photos of projects of barbecue zones in the country, many of which can be found in the public domain on the network. This will allow you to decide on the type of construction and not forget about important details.Of course, if you have enough experience, you can develop the project yourself. Otherwise, it is better to seek help from specialists.
It is the presence of a finished project that will allow not only to rationally use the budget allocated for construction, but also to avoid minor mistakes in the process of carrying out construction work. Without planning, creating a durable and high-quality object that will decorate the site for a long time will most likely not work.
Before choosing a project for a barbecue area, you need to decide on the type of construction in order to understand what it will be - open or closed. It is on this criterion that the amount of material used, the scale of the work and, accordingly, the cost of the finished zone will depend. An open area provides for the location of the barbecue directly on the lawn or on a previously prepared basis.
The closed type of gazebo requires an investment of a large amount of time and effort, because in this case, you will need to perform a significant amount of work:
- foundation erection;
- fixing the supports;
- installation of a canopy;
- construction of one or more walls for wind protection.
Of course, the construction of a closed barbecue area will take a little more time, but it is pleasant to relax in such a structure, regardless of the weather conditions. As for determining the optimal area required for installing a barbecue, here you should start from the dimensions of the oven and from the number of people who most often gather for gatherings. In addition to the oven, in the recreation area it is required to think over the placement of other elements, including:
- a place for storing fire-starting materials;
- a table for cooking and cutting products;
- dinner table;
- seating areas with chairs or benches.
Useful advice! The optimal area for arranging a barbecue area for a family of 4-5 people is 5-6 squares. If you plan to often arrange crowded events, you should double the size, but only if the size of the summer cottage allows.
Features of creating the foundation of the barbecue area with your own hands
Elementary open areas are usually performed without preliminary organization of the foundation, because a straight open lawn is often used instead. Nevertheless, when creating a project for a barbecue area, it must be borne in mind that the mass of a stove or an overall solid barbecue can reach several hundred kilograms, especially when brick was used for construction. If you install all the parts simply on the ground, then over time, subsidence of the soil is likely, which may cause cracks in the finished structure.
Advantages of products, varieties of models, installation of the structure, recommendations for the manufacture and selection of materials.
To prevent this from happening, when creating a project for a barbecue zone made of bricks, first of all, you need to think over the type of base and prepare the site. Even if a flat and compacted area is used, it is still impossible to avoid the accumulation of dirt, which will be problematic to get rid of. Therefore, in any case, it is better to use one of the popular methods for arranging the zone:
- stone paving;
- brick finishing;
- pouring concrete.
If you plan to operate the structure for as long as possible, experienced builders recommend building a combined type foundation.With this design, a monolithic slab is used for the hearth, and a columnar or tape base is used for the construction of walls. Among the main advantages of the construction of a combined foundation are:
- Financial savings. It will be quite expensive to fill in a monolithic base for the entire zone, while such costs are not considered appropriate.
- Faster erection. It is completely unnecessary to make a hardened foundation for the entire recreation area, because during use the load is distributed unevenly.
The main stages of creating a foundation and a barbecue area with your own hands
It is considered the simplest task to build a barbecue area made of metal or brick, which the owner can handle without much experience, but who has a desire to equip the area on his own. Whatever type of base is chosen, the step-by-step construction instructions will look like this:
- At the first stage of creating a barbecue zone with your own hands at the dacha, measurements of the barbecue are performed, the data obtained is transferred to the site allocated for construction. At the same time, it is important to additionally add at least 20 cm on each side.
- Depending on the type of foundation, additional work is carried out: for a strip base, a trench is made around the perimeter, and for a monolithic base, the selected area is cleared of the upper soil layer. In both cases, the bottom should be well sealed. The depth of the base is selected based on the planned load.
- The prepared bottom is covered with a 5-centimeter layer of sand, which is then covered with crushed stone at least 10 cm thick. Each subsequent layer also needs to be tamped well.
- The formwork is created. For greater strength, a reinforcing mesh is laid on the compacted crushed stone and sand, which, for reliability, is poured with cement diluted with a significant amount of water.
- At the next stage, a waterproofing layer is laid. Here, roofing material is considered the best option in terms of price-quality ratio.
- At the final stage of the work, the concrete mixture is prepared and then poured. If the project plans to build a massive and heavy brick brazier, it is better to use more reliable cement of the M400 or M500 brand; for simpler and lighter structures, you can take the material cheaper - M100 and M200.
Important! The concrete is poured in one pass. In this case, it is imperative to remove air bubbles using a metal rod. Do not forget to apply the building level regularly during construction.
As for the barbecue, a product in the shape of the letter "P" can be considered standard. Most common sizes:
- 90 cm - width and depth;
- 100 cm - height.
To create a barbecue area made of bricks, you will need a solid ceramic building material, and you can also use fireclay bricks SHA-8 for this purpose. When performing brickwork for the first five rows, you will need to purchase or make your own sand-cement mortar (3: 1). All subsequent rows can be fastened using a clay-sand mixture.
Based on personal preferences and wishes, side brick walls are additionally erected for the preparation of barbecue. For a more comfortable use of the recreation areas, it is recommended to supplement the brazier with a chimney, then it will turn out to free the area from excessive smoke. However, in this case, experience with special brickwork is required.
If you look at the photos of the do-it-yourself barbecue areas, you can pay attention to the fact that the oven is complemented by an oven, which is used to create various dishes or dry fruits. Experienced owners mount structures for smoking meat or fish in the chimney.
Installing a barbecue in the country: how to choose the right product
For the first time, braziers-braziers began to be used in the Caucasus. In translation, the word means "box of coals", which very accurately describes the main purpose of the structure. Depending on the features of the application, barbecues are divided into the following types:
- Collapsible or mobile. Most often, such a barbecue area is performed in a dacha made of metal and is a box with legs. The walls of the structure, if necessary, are removed and folded into a special case, which can be taken with you to the countryside or transferred to a convenient place.
- Portable. They are also made of metal, but unlike the first option, they do not fold, while they are small in size and weight, which makes it easy to move the grill around the site.
- Stationary. They represent a solid, dimensional structure. Many people create such a barbecue area with their own hands from brick, stone, metal or by combining these materials. In this case, it is required to equip a solid foundation, because the furnace is heavy.
- Electric bangles. The devices are equipped with a special mechanism that rotates the skewers, which allows you to get an evenly fried product without human intervention. In appearance, the design is similar to an electric oven or grill. The main advantage is mobility, but a significant disadvantage can be considered the absence of a specific aroma, as when cooking on open coals.
Many people think that a barbecue and a brazier are one and the same, but the devices are different in design. There are two grates inside the barbecue box: meat, fish or vegetables are laid out on the upper tier, and hot coals are on the lower tier. Barbecue, like brazier, is classified as follows:
- Portable. Thanks to the removable grid, the brazier fits easily into a small cover.
- Mobile. They look like a cart equipped with wheels, which allows you to easily move the structure around the site. The device cannot be disassembled, in the lower part there is a pallet designed for storing plates, pots or prepared firewood. The brazier itself is installed in the upper part on four supports.
- In the form of a boiler. This option is convenient in that the heat is distributed evenly inside and remains for a longer period. This allows the structure to be used to roast large cuts of meat that cannot be roasted over an open fire.
Helpful advice! The barbecue area with a cauldron and barbecue can be considered ideally equipped. It is this set that makes it possible to cook a variety of dishes.
How to make a recreation area in the country with your own hands from scrap materials
Resting on bare ground is considered relevant only in case of going on a picnic or barbecue. To make it convenient to use the recreation area, in addition to arranging the foundation, the site needs to be covered with protective material that increases comfort. For these purposes, you can take the remnants of building materials that are easy to find in the country: solid or broken brick, stone, paving slabs. In retail outlets, you can buy outdoor parquet or decking. To get a complete picture, it is recommended to make the base from the material that was used to create garden paths.
Studying the photo of gazebos with a barbecue area, you can pay attention to the fact that paving slabs are most often used for arranging the site. The variety of options and materials allows you to make a unique design of the barbecue area that fits perfectly into the surrounding exterior. The main advantages of tiles:
- frost resistance;
- resistance to ultraviolet rays;
- the ability to use both indoor and outdoor areas;
- the ability to pass water through the seams, which prevents the formation of puddles.
The popularity of paving slabs is also due to the fact that you can make an attractive recreation area in your country house with your own hands and not spend a lot of time. First, as well as to create the foundation, you will need to carry out simple preparatory work:
- remove the top soil layer;
- remove excess debris and stones;
- install pegs around the perimeter and stretch the rope through them;
- level the ground;
- compact the area well.
If the soil is too loose, moisten it with water. You need to understand that the better the base is tamped, the less likely the tiles will sag and crack. On top of the leveled soil, drainage is placed, made of a mixture of sand and gravel, which must be symmetrically distributed.
From above, on crushed stone or on a sand-cement mortar, paving slabs are laid. They begin to lay the first row from the edge - along the stretched cord "away from you". If the material does not fit or rests against the curb, it must be trimmed with a grinder. Pressing the tiles is carried out using a mallet. At the final stage, the seams are poured with a sand-cement mixture and filled with water. After drying, the seams are rubbed with quartz sand. Below you can see how well the brick mangal zones, complemented by a base of paving slabs, are combined in the photo.
If fragments of natural stone are used to create the site, it must be borne in mind that the material has numerous irregularities on the surface in which water accumulates. Therefore, a concrete screed must be made under the natural stone, and the material must be fixed on top with a cement mortar or special construction glue.
Using garden parquet or decking for a recreation area in the country
Garden parquet is a square-shaped wooden module. Another name for the material is decking. It consists of small slats laid on a flat base. Garden parquet differs from terrace board only in shape. Both materials can be used to decorate outdoor terraces, verandas, recreation areas and even garden paths. This board is characterized by strength and durability, tolerates moisture and temperature changes well. The main material from which the garden board is made is Siberian larch and tropical wood.
Due to the peculiarities of production and the application of special impregnating solutions, the board acquires special performance characteristics. It does not deform, dry out or swell after getting wet. Another advantage is the absence of the likelihood of the appearance of fungus or mold, which not only spoil the appearance of the board, but also negatively affect the consumer qualities of building materials.
The modules of the garden parquet are laid on a leveled and tamped base of the soil, on top of which crushed stone, gravel or concrete is poured. If you use only a sand pillow, the coating will quickly sag, which will spoil the appearance of the entire barbecue area.
Important! To prevent the germination of grass and other weeds, no matter what type of material will be used to create the site, a special cloth is laid directly on the ground.
Garden parquet modules are interconnected with a special lock connection, while the terrace board is laid on pre-installed logs and fixed with self-tapping screws or other fasteners. The presented selection of photos of recreation areas in the country, made with our own hands from street boards, allows you to appreciate the attractiveness of this design method.
Construction of a canopy and zoning of the barbecue area in the country: photos of finished objects
Supports for the gazebo are made either from wood or metal rods. If you want to create a durable and solid building, then the supports are made of brick or stone. It is such structures that will please the eye for the longest period and will not require repair work. The canopy is made taking into account personal preferences and weather conditions in the region. In general, awnings are divided into the following groups:
- Tough. In this case, slate, metal profiles, tiles or copper sheets are used as flooring. Due to the rafter base, the flooring is characterized by increased strength.
- Soft. Flexible flooring materials. They are applied to the frame by fusion. This includes bitumen, polymers and polycarbonates, as well as the cheapest option like tarpaulin.
The recreation area is in most cases divided into two zones:
- dining room.
Before making a do-it-yourself recreation area in the country, you need to study the basic recommendations:
- you should not install the brazier closer than 2 meters to the dining table;
- it is better to mount the brazier in the corner or along the far wall of the barbecue area;
- when equipping the site, you need to ensure that the dining area does not block the approach to the barbecue;
- it is better to install a table and seating places behind it on the side of the entrance to the gazebo;
- if you place a recreation area with a barbecue in the patio, it will turn out to be reliably sheltered from the wind behind the walls of the house;
- in order not to depend on weather conditions, the grill should be installed under a canopy;
- by placing a table along one of the walls of the main building, it will be possible to easily solve the problem with a canopy.
You can pay attention to the fact that in many photos the barbecue areas made of metal or other material are located in the area intended for recreation. In this case, it is required to take into account the design of the barbecue, because the tables and sofas are located around the brazier, which attracts attention. To separate the site from the main site, plants are most often planted around the perimeter or decorative wicker nets are installed, which serve as additional protection from prying eyes. Recreation areas located on the banks of natural or even artificial reservoirs look unusually beautiful.
How to choose furniture, choose the right lighting and other decor
The choice of furniture for the recreation area is carried out depending on the type of construction. In a situation where there is no canopy in the barbecue area and it is installed directly under the open sky, it is better to purchase folding garden furniture, which in case of rain can be easily hidden in the nearest household building. If this is a closed area, well protected from the weather, it is better to pick up massive furniture made of wood, and rattan wicker sets also look beautiful. The standard and simplest furniture set consists of the following items:
It is best to supplement such a minimal set with a deck chair, hammock, rocking chair.Hanging chairs-cocoons are also gaining popularity now, which add zest to any interior.
In most cases, gatherings with barbecue drag on until late in the evening, so good lighting should be arranged in advance, so that it does not depend on the time of day. It is advisable, in addition to the main light, to consider the presence of decorative dim backlighting. Spotlights, ribbons, wall lights, or pole lights are useful for this.
Helpful advice! To save on electricity, it is better to use lamps equipped with solar panels in the recreation area in the country.
As for the styling of the barbecue area, there are such concepts:
- Patio gazebos are most often decorated in Italian or Greek style, using stone or wood for decoration. Compact furniture and potted flowers will do.
- The modern interior can be emphasized with metal and glass elements, complemented by well-chosen lighting.
- Mangal areas with a bath are decorated in a traditional Russian style. They use solid wood furniture and wood vertical surfaces.
- The country style prefers the use of wood for decoration and forged decorative elements hung on the walls.
Correctly executed and decorated barbecue area in the country will diversify suburban leisure and escape from caring for the garden. It will not be difficult to build a structure with your own hands, even if you set yourself the goal of erecting a capital structure. If you equip a full-fledged recreation area, you will be able to find entertainment for all family members and guests.