The design of any room begins with the decoration of the walls. You can rearrange the furniture as much as you like, but if the decoration of the room is chosen incorrectly, beauty, comfort, coziness cannot be achieved. Accessories and decoration will not help either. Modern wallpapers are presented in a wide range. However, choosing a beautiful canvas does not mean getting the desired or necessary effect in the room. The texture, color and pattern must be selected correctly.
- 1 Wallpaper for walls as a versatile finishing material
- 1.1 Classification of modern types of wall wallpaper
- 1.2 Beautiful wallpaper at the heart of an interesting interior
- 1.3 The choice of wallpaper for rooms with different layouts
- 1.4 Renovation in the house: wallpaper for walls and ceilings, their quality and color
- 1.5 The use of classic wallpaper in a modern interior
- 1.6 Quality and interesting design of Italian wallpaper for walls
- 1.7 Modern wallpaper for the living room: decorative requirements
- 1.8 3D effect in design: volumetric wallpaper for walls
- 2 Designer wallpaper for walls: elite and exclusive options
- 3 Applying fashionable drawings to the wallpaper with your own hands
Wallpaper for walls as a versatile finishing material
Wallpaper as a finishing material has been used for a long time. For a long time, these were exclusively paper versions. The improvement of technologies for processing various materials has made it possible to significantly expand the range of wallpapers. Moreover, both operational qualities and their aesthetics and decorativeness have improved.
The long-term popularity of wall wallpaper is due to a number of significant advantages:
- Availability of use. Almost everyone can glue the wallpaper on their own. This significantly saves money during repairs.
- Low price (relative to many other finishing materials).
- The ability to hide not only small, but also large enough wall defects. Cracks, depressions, small holes are not visible under any coating. Correctly selected textured material, including photo wallpaper, can mask even significant irregularities.
- Fast effect. When gluing by professional craftsmen, the room can change within a few hours.
- A variety of colors, patterns, ornaments. You can choose an option for any style.
- The ability to imitate other finishing materials (wood, stone, fabric, plaster, etc.).
For a long time, a quick loss of aesthetics was considered a disadvantage of wallpaper. They burned out, rubbed out, torn.Modern good wallpaper, that is, high-quality, has other operational characteristics. They can be washed, they are not torn from minor mechanical stress, they are UV resistant.
Classification of modern types of wall wallpaper
The unquenchable demand for this type of finishing material contributes to the emergence of more and more new types. It is almost impossible to list the entire assortment that is actively used today. Let's try to highlight the most popular wallpapers. These include:
- non-woven. Made of non-woven, cellulose and polyester hot stamping;
- vinyl. They have two layers, one of which is made of paper or non-woven material, and the other is made of PVC;
- bamboo. The main material is processed bamboo, which is applied to a fabric base;
- metallized wallpaper. Made of porous paper, the pattern has a metallic sheen effect;
- jute. A plant is used as a material;
- silk. The wallpaper has a synthetic covering imitating silk fabric;
- sisal. The canvas is made of twisted fibers of the agave plant.
Modern high-quality wallpapers are made from both natural and synthetic materials. The latter are distinguished by a variety of shades and ornaments, all kinds of textured patterns. Wallpaper made of natural materials is often monochrome, but this is what often makes the interior expensive and refined.
Helpful advice! If there are small children in the house, it is better to choose synthetic wallpaper. This option is much more practical.
Beautiful wallpaper at the heart of an interesting interior
Wallpaper can radically change any room. Even the smallest bedroom, with the right choice of wall decoration, will seem to be a spacious room in which it will be easy to breathe and move. The creation of the interior practically begins with the decoration of the walls. The proposed algorithm of actions will help not to miss important points in the preparation process:
- the first thing to do is decide on the style. You need to think over not only the option of wallpaper, furniture, but also the future placement of interior items;
- then you should evaluate the dimensions of the room and the location of the windows. The choice of color and the method of combining wallpaper (if such will be used) largely depend on the direction of the streams of daylight;
- evaluate the quality of the wall surface, take into account defects, calculate the required number of rolls. You should not rely only on personal knowledge and impressions during preparation, it is better to use the help of competent consultants;
- wallpaper on the wall will be beautiful only if they are neatly glued, do not have visible seams and traces of glue. When choosing, it is very important to understand how the canvases will fit. Dense and voluminous options can hide large, but smooth irregularities, but minor bulges will not allow making the joints invisible;
- the discrepancy between the wallpaper pattern and the style of other interior items will introduce randomness and tastelessness.
Wallpaper in the interior can be a background or a bright accent, perhaps a necessary addition, but they must necessarily be part of a single composition. Only then will the interior become pleasant and interesting.
The choice of wallpaper for rooms with different layouts
The color of the wallpaper, or rather the shade, should be selected depending on the location of the windows. If they face north, you do not need to use dark tones, as the room will become gloomy. Better to apply pure warm colors.If the room is located on the south side, cold shades, deep saturated colors are quite acceptable.
When the position of the windows does not provide uniform illumination in the room, in the shaded area, wallpaper-city can be glued to the wall. The room will acquire a perspective, the boundaries of the room will expand.
Many people set themselves the task of visually enlarging the room with the help of wallpaper. If the dimensions of the room are small, you should not paste over it with canvases of dark shades or with a large pattern. Light, with a small and inexpressive pattern are more suitable. In small rooms, it is better to avoid contrasting colors; such combinations visually reduce the space.
If it is necessary to expand the room (important for significantly elongated rectangular rooms), it is worth using wallpaper with a large horizontal strip. For a visual increase in height, options with a vertical stripe are suitable.
You should not give up wallpaper in a modern style if the room has niches, small walls or other layout features that complicate the design of the walls. Thin monochromatic or finely patterned vinyl, as well as wallpaper woven from natural fibers, will do the job: complex areas will turn from problematic into an interesting interior addition.
Helpful advice! When choosing a wallpaper pattern, you must take into account all the features of the room.
Renovation in the house: wallpaper for walls and ceilings, their quality and color
Color affects the subconscious to a great extent. Therefore, it is very important what shades surround a person in a home environment. It is necessary to choose the color of wallpaper in the house (in addition to taking into account the layout of the room and conformity to the style), depending on the functional purpose of the room.
Stimulates, invigorates, awakens to life - yellow. This color is perfect for the kitchen. Acceptable beige, silver and, of course, attracting pure energy white. You should not use bright paints for the walls in the kitchen, only expressive details are permissible.
Peach, beige, warm gray, light olive are suitable for the bedroom. To make the interior more interesting, one of the walls can be supplemented with bright fragments. However, it is better if this is an area that is not visible from the lying position in bed when relaxation is needed. It should only be visible during waking hours.
For the working area, it is better to choose blue or blue. It stimulates mental activity, promotes composure, concentration.
Preparation of walls, materials, tools. Step-by-step photo and video instructions for gluing wallpaper.
Wallpaper patterns for the nursery should not be bright around the entire perimeter of the room. Only some fragments of the walls should be decorated with rich colors. The variegated quickly tires. You can choose a calm green or yellow wallpaper for the children's room. Matte pink, milky, beige will be pleasant. It is appropriate to revive the nursery with textiles with prints, colorful toys.
The ceiling provides completeness to the room. Many people prefer white and its varieties. Cold shades of the walls are in harmony with the bluish whiteness, milky - with pastel tones. You can make the ceiling bright, floral, but it shouldn't have an overhanging effect.
The quality of the wallpaper should be chosen depending on the style. For classic living rooms, vinyl, silk-screen printing, voluminous wallpapers are suitable. Ethno and country are in perfect harmony with wicker surfaces.For loft, modern, minimalism styles, you can choose canvases that imitate natural materials.
The use of classic wallpaper in a modern interior
The classic style of the interior is still preferred by many. The unity of the correct lines and special decorativeness makes the room both comfortable and discreetly luxurious.
The wallpapers used for this style are distinguished by soft, muted shades. The ornament can be both small and large, but it must be repeated, stamped. The classic interior tends to be sophisticated, therefore it will not be entirely correct to decorate the walls with one type of restrained color wallpaper. Classic modern wallpaper for walls can be supplemented with the following types of decor:
- to arrange on open walls inserts from wallpaper of a different texture, combined in color with the main ones;
- use wallpaper imitating other finishing materials to decorate individual zones. In the classics, horizontal combination is appropriate;
- highlight the central wall by pasting it with wallpaper of a brighter color. It can be a solid color if the rest is patterned, or vice versa.
The classic interior is recommended for large spaces. If, nevertheless, this style is used for a small room in an apartment, it is better to choose wallpaper with floral patterns. Correct vertical padded stripes will also work.
Helpful advice! When decorating a classic interior, you should not use wallpaper with horizontal stripes, even if it is visually desirable to expand the room. This kind of finish is contrary to style.
When choosing classic wallpaper, you should also consider the type of furniture. If these are old models, it is better to decorate the walls with intricate monograms. Stripes are suitable for modern furniture. A universal option is a damask pattern.
Quality and interesting design of Italian wallpaper for walls
Italy gave the world outstanding sculptors, painters, musicians. The high artistic and aesthetic level of manufacturers is manifested in the manufacture of finishing materials. Italian wallpapers are becoming more and more popular. It is based not only on the affordability of the price, although this indicator is also important, but also on a high level of quality:
- moisture resistant;
- resist ultraviolet light;
- do not emit toxic substances;
- have a varied texture.
The most popular Italian-made wallpaper is fabric. These are mostly options with a classic pattern. They add sophistication and charm to the room. Fabric wallpaper does not lose its aesthetics for a long time, it is easy to stick.
Among the Italian wallpaper, there are many monochrome options, which are characterized by floral elements, geometric patterns, and abstraction. Of particular expressiveness are the subject canvases that carry over to the Renaissance - to sculptures and frescoes. The use of such wallpaper in the interior requires a complex design, harmonious furniture, careful selection of decorative elements.
Italian designers have developed both skillful patterns for sophisticated natures, as well as fun, playing with warm shades for children. Monochromatic, modest in terms of decorativeness, but practical washable wallpaper for hallways and corridors are also highly appreciated.
Italian wallpapers meet high quality and aesthetic standards.
Modern wallpaper for the living room: decorative requirements
The interior of the living room requires more or less festivity and splendor. This is the face of the owners, the room intended for other people to stay in it. The organic interior is a sign of respect for the guests. If we talk about the rules for choosing wallpaper, then they are traditional. Consider the following:
- room size;
- color range;
- condition of the walls;
- performance characteristics of wallpaper.
Photos of wallpaper in the living room posted on the Internet demonstrate a wide variety of options. These are monochromatic types with different textures, and smooth paper ones with monograms, and fabric ones with a matte and glossy surface, with a metallic sheen, etc. Photo wallpapers with pictures on various topics are welcome. You can not only “flip through” the catalog, but also see how a certain type of product looks in the interior.
After getting acquainted with the photographic materials presented on the Internet, the conclusion suggests itself, which, in fact, is a requirement for modern wallpaper for the hall: they should not be just a background (as is permissible in the bedroom, in the kitchen, in the hallway) - decorativeness should be largely manifested. It can be an interesting texture, drawing, spraying, etc.
Helpful advice! When using photo wallpaper in the living room, it should be borne in mind that they should not just cover the wall, but create an interesting zone in the room.
Effect 3D for design: volumetric wallpaper for walls
A unique interior can be decorated with wallpaper that creates a three-dimensional effect. Stereoscopic canvases have a wide variety of patterns. It can be wallpaper with flowers, transferring to the paradise spring garden, to the southern coast, to the depths of the sea, to the temples of art ...
Modern 3D wallpapers are complemented by LED lighting. Natural light appears to be coming from the wall. They can be glued on both one and several walls, the main thing is that the whole composition fits organically. Wishing to emphasize the expressiveness of the interior, excesses should not be allowed. If the entire space is among the "raging nature", the feeling of room and comfort will disappear.
The only downside to these chic wallpapers is their high cost. Price 1 m², depending on the manufacturing technology, ranges from 250 to 650 rubles. Bulk wallpaper can have paper, vinyl and non-woven backing.
The gluing process causes certain difficulties:
- you can only place wallpaper on a perfectly flat wall;
- in the process of work it is necessary to use the level (the slightest inaccuracy will certainly appear);
- glue should be applied quickly.
Bulk wallpaper is appropriate in rooms for any purpose. For rooms with a high probability of contamination (in the kitchen, hallway, bathroom), it is worth choosing moisture-resistant options.
Designer wallpaper for walls: elite and exclusive options
Any wallpaper is the result of human labor, including designers. But in everyday life, it is customary to call elite, possibly exclusive products, design options.
Non-woven is often used as a basis for designer wallpaper. It is made from cotton fibers. The material is lightweight and strong enough to tear. The decorative coating is made from a variety of materials. It can be a celebrity vinyl surface decorated with rhinestones or mother-of-pearl.
Stylish wallpaper made of fabric, which can be attributed to design, are made not only from a solid canvas, but also from fragments combined into interesting compositions. They are used to decorate elite wallpaper with beads, threads imitated for gold or silver, dusting, Swarovski crystals and other interesting decorative elements.
A fashion trend is decorating a room with wallpaper with wolves. Here symbolism rather than decorativeness comes to the fore. These predators have qualities that are inherent in humans: loyalty, devotion, strength, courage.
However, you should not rush to decorate an office, bedroom or work area with stories with animals just because it is fashionable.The image must necessarily be associated with human dignity.
Design options include only those options where such a peculiar decor has a meaningful component, and not just a photograph.
Helpful advice! Choosing an image of wolves as a decor, it should be understood that this is not only a design method, but also a manifestation of the personal qualities of the owner.
Applying fashionable drawings to the wallpaper with your own hands
You can also make stylish wallpaper for the walls with your own hands - apply a picture.
Those with artistic talent will do it more creatively. For those who just know how to do everything neatly, a stencil will help.
The sequence of actions when decorating wallpaper with your own hands can be as follows:
- choose wallpaper that is to be painted according to the manufacturer's specifications (preferably vinyl or non-woven), stick it on;
- make a sketch of the future drawing by calculating the dimensions;
- choose water-based paints based on latex or acrylic. It is worth staying at 2-3 shades, only professionals can skillfully use a large number of tones;
- purchase a roller made of natural material, a spray bottle, sponges.
The best wallpapers are exclusive, unique. Anyone can make them just like that. If you can't come up with a composition yourself, you can use the Internet.
A few technical tips:
- if the drawing is applied to painted wallpaper, the main layer must definitely dry;
- two layers of paint must not be applied to paper canvases;
- it is impossible to apply the stencil twice to the same place.
Helpful advice! When choosing a picture, you should definitely pay attention to the correspondence of the composition to the functional purpose of the room.
Wallpaper modern: practical advice on selection and use
And in conclusion - a few tips to help you choose the right wallpaper:
- When decorating the interior, the color of the wallpaper is of paramount importance. No quality can compensate for the wrong shade.
- You need to purchase wallpaper in accordance with your financial capabilities. Even inexpensive paper products can be used to make an original design.
- You should not undertake self-gluing wallpaper, especially dense and voluminous, if you are not sure of the necessary skills. Better to trust the professionals.
- The use of checked wallpaper should be considered carefully. It is often difficult to find furniture, textiles, decorative elements in an interior with checkered walls.
- If you want to perform a combined wall decoration, you should choose products from the same collection.
- It is better to try on wallpaper on the wall. To do this, take a roll and attach the stretched canvas to the wall in a vertical position. Pattern and color can be perceived completely differently.
Wallpaper, wall decoration is the first thing that catches your eye when entering a room. Then attention shifts to other interior items. The positive integrity of perception, that is, what is called "comfort", is largely ensured by wall decoration. The range of wallpapers is huge, you just need to choose the best option. As a result, the room will really be beautiful, pleasant and comfortable.