Decorative bricks for interior decoration of houses, offices and city apartments have been used more and more in the last decade. The reason for this is the naturalness of this material, its natural beauty and environmental friendliness, combined with a much lower price than that of a finishing stone. According to the fashionable masters of design art, this material is able to give life to the most intricate and extraordinary ideas. But what kind of material it is, what are its consumer qualities, and most importantly, how it can be used in interior design - everyone who is interested in the topic of finishing work needs to know.
- 1 Decorative brick for interior decoration and its properties
- 2 Properties of ceramic bricks for decorative interior walls
- 3 Where in the interior is it best to use decorative brick
- 4 Features of the use of the material in various conditions
- 5 How to choose the right decorative brick
- 6 Decorative brick for interior decoration: installation video
Decorative brick for interior decoration and its properties
In essence, this facing material resembles ordinary tiles, and in terms of its physical parameters it is close to the properties of natural stone. Decorative bricks are made from high-quality natural materials, after which they are subjected to an invoicing procedure. This makes it possible to give the material a very original appearance, pattern and shade.
Such products are made from various materials, which can be listed:
- gypsum. Gypsum bricks are the most affordable in terms of cost. The technology for their production is very simple, and the raw material is ordinary gypsum. This nondescript material, thanks to the paintwork, outwardly practically does not differ from its counterparts. It is practical, durable enough and resistant to temperature extremes. However, gypsum is afraid of damp rooms, which must be taken into account when choosing this material;
- acrylic. Acrylic decorative bricks have synthetic additives;
- porcelain stoneware. This is a very durable material that is made using a special technology, adding granite chips to the clay mass and pressing it. Decorative bricks made of porcelain stoneware are very strong and durable;
- ceramics. Ceramic decorative bricks for interior decoration practically do not differ from real facing bricks, except for their thickness. Hence its properties. It is obtained by high-temperature firing of a clay mixture, to which various binding additives are added.
Helpful advice! If you do not have the opportunity to purchase decorative brick, but really want to decorate the wall with it, then there is the possibility of making it yourself. There are many forms on the market in which you just need to pour plaster. The decorative design of the resulting products depends entirely on your imagination.
Properties of ceramic bricks for decorative interior walls
The technologies used in the manufacture of decorative bricks contribute to giving it some useful physical characteristics:
- high strength and durable use (up to 40 years). At the same time, the outwardly beautiful appearance is unlikely to change over the years;
- the material is completely non-flammable. Some varieties successfully decorate fireplaces and stoves;
- resistance to the most aggressive media and completely unfavorable conditions. Brick tiles do not fade, and are also not afraid of temperature changes and a chemically active environment;
- has sufficiently high heat-insulating properties, and low moisture absorption, due to which the walls lined with this building material will be constantly warm. This helps in maintaining a stable indoor climate;
- decorative brick for interior decoration has very high aesthetic characteristics. Its important feature is the presence of products with a very diverse geometry, patterns and shades;
- versatility in finishing. Since the tile can be selected with any, even curvilinear, edges, it can be used to trim door and window openings, arches and columns;
- Due to the fact that decorative brick tiles are coated with a hydrophobic solution, this material perfectly repels water, which makes it possible to use ceramic products even in rooms with high humidity.
Helpful advice! If you don't know how to decorate the balcony or an unheated basement, then this can be done with decorative bricks. The material is absolutely not afraid of frost and, in general, temperature changes.
Where in the interior is it best to use decorative brick
If we take into account the technical and physical properties of this facing product, then we can honestly say that the scope of its application can be very large. They produce wall cladding in the living room, bedroom, corridor, kitchen, dining room, bathroom.
Found special application decorative brick, which has a white matte textured surface. It is used successfully in the design of corridors in various public buildings. They also lay out fireplaces, stoves, fountains, slides and other similar structures.
The aesthetic and artistic possibilities of decorative brick tiles are also the highest. Any shade and texture of the front surface of products is designed to emphasize and complement the most daring and non-trivial interior ideas. For example, one of the most famous options today is aged brick - a decorative facing product that is often used to decorate and decorate walls in the living room, in the corridor, in the kitchen or in hallway... It is noteworthy that the use of aged decorative bricks eliminates the need for subsequent surface finishing.
The glossy surfaces of some products are also quite attractive. Their use allows you to create a great mood and complement an interesting design solution with some zest. There are many offers on the market, but it is worthwhile to understand that, as a rule, in shape, color and texture, all types of decorative bricks for interior decoration are designed to imitate natural stone.
Features of the use of the material in various conditions
The presented finishing building material is considered to be truly universal. It can be used for laying on brick, drywall, foam concrete and other similar surfaces. The main thing is that they are fairly even. Since decorative brick tiles are themselves a finishing material, they must be laid very carefully in compliance with the technology.
Correct and competent installation of this finishing material guarantees the extension of the service life of the repair, as well as the preservation of the impeccable qualities of the ceramic product itself. After all, the presence of even the slightest cracks can lead to very rapid damage to the lining. In addition, improper installation will definitely leave gaps between the tiles, into which the ubiquitous moisture, dirt and dust will penetrate, which will be the main cause of fading and destruction.
How to choose the right decorative brick
The most important criterion is the aesthetic qualities of the product, because only a brick that perfectly matches the entire design of the room can create an exclusive atmosphere, fill the house with warmth and comfort. It is imperative to inquire about the physical as well as the technical characteristics of the product. At the same time, one should not forget that the declared consumer properties simply must correspond to future operating conditions.
Helpful advice! Facing the most complex elements can be made easier and more interesting if you choose some kind of mosaic or non-standard shaped products. In addition, with the help of such geometrically irregular shapes, you can create all kinds of ornaments.
Don't be afraid to experiment when designing your home's interior design. Using decorative bricks for interior decoration will make your experiments especially successful.