To paraphrase the statement "If you want to be happy - be happy" can be as follows: "If you wish a comfortable life - arrange it." You can't spend all the time on the southern shores of the seas. Not everyone can even visit the pool. But there is quite an affordable opportunity to enjoy the beneficial effects of water every day - this is a rain shower for the bathroom. You just need to make some effort.
- 1 Varieties of shower options for bathrooms
- 2 Features of the design of the shower head "tropical rain"
- 3 Panel shower system with rain shower
- 4 Compact, comfortable, stylish: built-in rain shower
- 5 How to install a rain shower in a bathroom: place and method of installation
- 6 Rain shower for the bathroom: conditions for smart choice
- 7 Rain shower for a bathroom with a mixer: reviews, opinions
- 8 Low cost and lots of fun: DIY rain shower
- 9 Rain shower in the bathroom: design photo on the Internet
Varieties of shower options for bathrooms
Today, the tendency of arranging bathrooms is clearly manifested not only as premises for household and sanitary-hygienic purposes, but also as places for rest and relaxation. Bathroom and shower make up the unity that provides the necessary conditions.
The shower has a lot of advantages:
- it has a preventive and therapeutic effect on the body;
- taking a shower is the most hygienic option for water procedures;
- simplicity and availability in installation and use;
- you can purchase a model for little money;
- does not require much space for placement.
There are several types of bathroom showers:
- Shower racks. These are designs consisting of a rod, one or two watering cans, a hose and a mixer. (Some options do not have mixer taps.)
- Shower panels. Quite voluminous structures, representing a block in which nozzles for massage functions of the shower are mounted, a stationary and removable watering can are attached.
- Embedded models. The shower head has a stationary position, it is mounted in the ceiling or the upper part of the wall. The hot and cold water supply is hidden in the wall. This is the type of design that tropical rain showers often have.
This type of shower is quite popular. Almost all manufacturers of bathroom fixtures produce similar models. A large number of options for compact and voluminous structures have been developed, the technical level and product design are constantly being improved.
Features of the design of the shower head "tropical rain"
The main element of the rain shower is the watering can. It is large in size, the flow of water is divided into a large number of individual drops and falls, creating the effect of pouring rain. This mechanical effect of water on the body relaxes muscles and stimulates blood circulation.
An important functional component of the design is a bath mixer with a rain shower. With its help, the flow force is regulated, which makes it possible to make the "rain" more or less intense.
The shape of watering cans can be very diverse:
- have the shape of a circle or oval;
- square and rectangle;
- triangle or irregular geometric shape.
There are several ways to install a shower head:
- ceiling mounting;
- installation at the top of the wall;
- placement on a shower rack.
The latter option can be considered universal if the rain shower mixer is equipped with a spout. This option allows you to take a shower and fill the bath with water.
Rain shower heads can be made of metal, metal with plastic elements, or plastic. Metal tips are the most durable, but have a high cost. The most affordable are plastic options, but their resource is rather limited. The most acceptable in terms of external and functional indicators are products with a metal case and a plastic divider.
Helpful advice! If the water used for the shower is hard, it is worth choosing options for watering cans with silicone inserts, which do not allow deposits to form and close the holes.
Bathroom rain shower with mixer: design features
The mixer is the main mechanism for supplying water to the shower head. The functioning of the system as a whole largely depends on the quality of its work. Therefore, when choosing plumbing, you should pay attention not only to external indicators (coating, shape), but also to the quality of the internal parts.
The types of bath mixers with a rain shower head can be as follows:
- With ceramic or ball cartridge. Ceramic is more durable, ball is much cheaper.
- With and without spout. The presence of a spout allows you to use the mixer not only for the shower, but also for the bath.
- With lever or valve switch. The lever is simple and comfortable, the valves require more effort.
- With and without thermostat. The presence of a thermostat allows you to maintain a constant temperature throughout the shower. Without it, it is almost impossible to protect against sudden overheating or cooling due to increased water pressure in the water supply system.
Many people want to buy a rain shower for a bathroom without a mixer. This option is convenient in cases where there is no reason to change an already installed mixer. Or, preference is given to a specific manufacturer, a model that can only be purchased separately. Mount sizes are most often standard. And yet, before purchasing products from different manufacturers, it is worth making sure that a complete set of connecting elements is available and consistent.
Panel shower system with rain shower
An improved modern model is the rain shower. Reviews about him are almost always positive (unless the system fails). Almost all connoisseurs of shower as a water procedure want to install such plumbing in the bathroom.No sooner had the "rain" design become familiar than an even more technologically advanced and functionally expanded version - shower panels - appeared.
Their main differences from the racks are considerable size, the presence of a massage function, a variety of control methods. Watering cans are attached to the panel - stationary and removable with a hose, nozzles for a massage jet are mounted in it, a mixer is installed with which the water supply is regulated. The flow rate can be increased or decreased both at individual nozzles, and at all at the same time.
On some panel models, the rain shower head is not installed in a common unit, it is mounted separately in the ceiling.
The functionality of such showers can be supplemented with aromatherapy, radio, lighting. Mode switching is carried out by touch (in more expensive models) or mechanically.
Important! Installation of a panel shower with touch control and a wide range of functions will require connection to the power supply through a step-down transformer.
The body of shower panels can be made of plastic, metal, glass, ceramics. Models where different materials are combined in one product are quite common. Panel units are installed both in cabins and boxes and in open showers.
Compact, comfortable, stylish: built-in rain shower
Comfort is a combination of several components: safety, convenience, visual appeal, positive perception. In many photos of a rain shower for a bathroom in the interior, posted on the Internet, you can only visualize the watering cans and mixer-switches protruding from the wall. This is what built-in shower systems look like.
This installation method has several advantages:
- visual minimalism;
- saving space, feeling of freedom, unclutteredness;
- interesting interior;
- the ability to install in a room of any (even critically small) sizes.
The disadvantages include some troublesome and lengthy installation process.
There are two ways to install built-in rain showers for a bathroom with a mixer:
- Equip a false wall made of plasterboard or QSB boards and hide all communication parts behind it. This option is acceptable for spacious rooms, where you do not need to count every centimeter.
- Make grooves in the wall and lay pipes there.
In the first case, the process is complicated by the need to purchase additional materials and time to create a frame for fixing the plates. In the second option, you will need a special tool (preferably with a vacuum cleaner) for chipping. Sealing furrows will also take time and effort, but the effort spent will surely pay off with a beautiful bathroom interior.
Top models of German sanitary ware: Grohe rain showers
German plumbing products are favorites not only in the domestic market. There are several dozen companies engaged in the production of this type of goods. Grohe takes the leading position among them.
Such popularity of products is provided by the following characteristics:
- high quality level;
- variety of assortment;
- availability of goods in various price categories;
- well organized service.
Grohe manufactures showers for showers, boxes, open structures, panels. Chrome-plated brass is used as the base material for shower columns. Such models have an average price level. The warranty period is 5 years.Among this type of product, there are also exclusive options made of copper, with a bronze coating, and high-strength brass. Such racks differ not only in the material of manufacture, but also in the original design.
Shower panels have a wide variety of body shapes. Inexpensive options are made of aluminum and plastic, more expensive ones are made of glass and ceramics. Particularly noteworthy are the corner shower panels. Such a variety can not be found from any other manufacturer. The devices are multifunctional, you can choose an option for every taste, suitable for certain technical conditions.
The rain shower for the bathroom with the Grohe mixer is an ergonomic and durable device. Self-cleaning watering heads, mechanical-resistant housing, ceramic cartridge of the mixer ensure comfortable and stable use.
Illuminated rain shower: interesting interior and psycho-emotional balance
In order for a rain shower to bring maximum not only physical, but also aesthetic pleasure, it is equipped with lighting. For this, LEDs are used. These elements require a minimum amount of energy, so there is no need to connect to the mains, and therefore, the design is absolutely safe.
The LEDs are built into the rain shower head, so almost the entire stream is colored. There are models where the light bulbs frame the frame of the nozzle mounted in the ceiling, but more often they are distributed over the entire area of the divider. The second option gives a more intense "coloration" of the jet.
Materials for manufacturing, mounting options. Modes of water supply, spraying methods. Hansgrohe and Grohe shower heads.
LED lamps can be of one color, the shade of which changes depending on the temperature of the water. Tricolor lamps are also used.
The effect of color has a huge psychotherapeutic effect:
- red has a beneficial effect on blood circulation, stimulates;
- pink relaxes;
- green calms;
- yellow stimulates mental activity;
- blue allows you to focus.
Deep blue and violet can be pretty annoying.
Helpful advice! When choosing a backlit shower, one should not neglect to find out the shades and intensity of the glow. Habits and taste preferences will definitely work. If the colors are unacceptable, the shower will be as annoying as the color of the wallpaper, flooring or other surrounding objects. And then there can be no talk of complete relaxation.
For the bathroom, a built-in rain shower is an interesting interior solution in itself. If the room is supplemented with live greenery or photo wallpaper, you can create an atmosphere as close as possible to the soft tropics.
How to install a rain shower in a bathroom: place and method of installation
Spacious bathrooms have no restrictions on where or how you can install your rain shower. When choosing, they are usually guided by preferences, desires and material capabilities. The situation is completely different when arranging small rooms. In most typical apartments, the expansion of living space is carried out at the expense of toilets and bathrooms.
But there is always a way out, and even in a 4 m² room you can have a "tropical rain" system. A ceiling-mounted overhead shower is the best option. With a watering can diameter of 200 mm and the absence of a pallet, the structure will occupy only a quarter of the room.
Corner options are also a convenient model for small rooms. Moreover, you can buy not just a stand, but a shower panel with all its inherent functions.
Wall-mounted shower racks are appropriate when the shower is combined with a bath. It is convenient to fix it on the side. In this position, the upper "tropical" swivel watering can is more functional. The width of the bath must be sufficient, otherwise water will spray out of the bath. Corner and round bathtubs are most convenient to combine with a shower.
A built-in rain shower for a bathroom will be a good addition to the interior if it is placed in a transparent cabin or covered with translucent curtains. The room will appear spacious, which contributes to a feeling of liberation.
Rain shower for the bathroom: conditions for smart choice
Each user expects a special experience from a rain shower. So that reality does not darken, it is worth a very thoughtful approach to the choice of design. The following factors are very important:
- Equipment. It may differ even for systems that seem identical at first glance. Sets come with and without mixers. The top shower is most often equipped with a swivel mechanism, but there are options with a rigid mount. Some faucet designs have a spout, others are for showers only.
- Price for a rain shower. It's worth noting that cost is almost always a reflection of the quality or durability of use. If it is small, you should be prepared for the fact that individual parts can quickly fail. And you can't count on a full set of possible functions.
- Installation method. Is it possible to build into the existing type of walls? Will you be able to carefully drill holes in the tiled walls to fix the necessary elements? Is the position of the hot and cold water pipes suitable for optimal positioning of the mixer, etc.?
- Additional functions. If you really want to purchase a system with a thermostat or backlight, but at the moment there is no suitable option for technical requirements, it is better to continue your search. Desires must be fulfilled.
- Reviews. Many people use a rain shower today. They willingly share their first impressions on social media. Some do this after the initial excitement has passed. Both opinions are valuable, they will help to form your own.
Rain shower for a bathroom with a mixer: reviews, opinions
When it comes to opinions about the rain shower for the bathroom, reviews can be divided into three main categories: rating only good; skeptical - from those who have not received a miracle; picky - there is imperfection in any design.
“Rack Lemark, bought for 12 thousand. We don’t mind the money at all, we are using it for the third month, there is no limit to our joy. The husband promised to make the lighting himself. You can't get your family out of the shower, we'll set a schedule soon ... "
“… It's a thrill, you can't describe it, it's worth trying. A large watering can is needed, we have a length of 40 cm, but it is better if it is even larger. In addition, the thermostat is a gorgeous thing, you don't need to play with the lever, the water flows at the right temperature. "
Many positive reviews about Grohe rain shower faucets: “… I just buy Grohe, a real German thing, it has been working for 7 years without any problems, without a showdown. Now the shower is like that. The faucet is soft, very convenient ... "," Grohe was taken on the advice and were not disappointed ... "," ... the watering can and the faucet after six months disassembled to see what could be cleaned there ... did not do anything, assembled ... ".
However, there are also negative opinions.
“… Just a big shower, and water flows from it. And the consumption is also very high ... "
“We bought a Timo panel, paid 64 thousand rubles. And it's not the most expensive one. They also paid for the installation. The cost of buying a shower did not end there. As a result, the most popular is the small watering can. A large top is not suitable for normal showering. And the massage is generally useless. The money was practically “wasted”.
Many users point out technical flaws.
“… I put it together quickly, but the holder for the small watering can keeps going down. Not so critical, but annoying that you constantly need to raise it ... "
“We've been using the tropics for six months, Wasserkraft, dear, beautiful. Everything is fine, but when we bought, no one warned that the overhead shower does not turn. Strains: neither move nor displace ... "
Low cost and lots of fun: DIY rain shower
Anyone who at least partially makes repairs in their own house or apartment with their own hands can independently mount a rain shower for a shower. To complete the task you will need:
- pipes for supplying hot and cold water;
- wall chaser;
- mixer, watering can.
The procedure can be as follows:
- Strobes are made, pipes for connecting hot and cold water are laid in them, for supplying a flow to the upper watering can. A hole is made in the center for mounting the mixer.
- Then the mixer is installed. It is worth considering that all threaded connections must be sealed with a special tape or tow to avoid leakage.
- The attachment of the watering can is carried out depending on the design features. The nozzle can be installed at a common level with the ceiling, overlaid, or suspended.
Helpful advice! If you plan to have a suspended ceiling, it is not necessary to make grooves along its concrete base: the pipe can be fixed with clamps.
If all the work is done correctly and accurately, a handmade rain shower with a mixer will give a lot of pleasant sensations.
Quite often the piping already exists, it is only necessary to supplement the system with a rain shower by organizing the water supply to the ceiling and installing a watering can.
Rain shower in the bathroom: design photo on the Internet
The rain shower is a significant element of the bathroom interior. Therefore, it will be completely superfluous to see how the models look not against a white background of photos placed in online stores, but in an environment close to real. Sometimes it is difficult to visualize the dimensions: volumetric structures unexpectedly "sink" among the walls and partitions.
Does the gloss of the walls match the shiny chrome finish of the shower set? Maybe the wall cladding should be matte? Will a bronze counter and a white acrylic bathtub harmoniously coexist?
Most of the questions that arise can be answered by looking at a photo of a rain shower for a bathroom with a mixer in the interior. First of all, they can help you choose a system from a design point of view. The pictures show round and square versions, with and without illumination. You can even decide which shade of glow is most suitable.
Glossy ceilings mirror the jet stream for an interesting additional effect. If the glowing water seems too bright, you can take a closer look at the watering cans on the racks, and use the decorative design of the walls as animating elements. You can find a lot of such ideas in the photo.
The price of a rain shower for a bathroom with a mixer, especially with additional features, is quite high. And here again photos on the Internet can help: the model you like in the interior is easy to find on the sites selling plumbing fixtures and compare the desire and the possibilities.
Helpful advice! The interiors presented on the Internet show different ideas. Therefore, after viewing, it is better to contact the products offered by the manufacturers to make sure that the systems seen in the photo can be purchased.
A rain shower is not just a hygiene product. That is why it is very important both its place in the interior and its comfortable use. The efforts made will certainly give the desired result, and at home there will be a wonderful southern oasis for creating a good mood and well-being.