With modern prices for utilities, I want to save money by all means. However, warmth is indispensable in winter, so heater manufacturers devote all their resources to developing economical ways to heat rooms. Among them are infrared ceiling heaters with a thermostat: the prices of these devices are more than justified by their durability and efficiency of work and energy savings.
- 1 Features of ceiling infrared heaters with thermostat
- 2 Ceiling infrared heaters: all the truth and myths, the pros and cons of devices
- 3 Ceiling infrared heater with thermostat for summer cottages and houses. Other types of devices
- 4 How to choose an infrared ceiling heater
- 5 Ceiling infrared electric heaters: thermostat selection
- 6 How to install an infrared heater
- 7 Rating of ceiling infrared heaters, features of manufacturers
- 8 Infrared ceiling heaters with thermostat: device prices
Features of ceiling infrared heaters with thermostat
The principle of the heater is based on infrared light. Such light acts not on air, but on objects, heating them. The sun acts on the same principle. In hot weather, heat waves can often be observed over hot asphalt and other heated objects. In this case, the sun works as an infrared heater: it heats not the air, but the asphalt itself, which acts as a convector, absorbing cold air and giving off hot air.
It is simple to understand how IR heaters work: the heat carrier in their case is infrared radiation, which heats up the objects in the room from the inside, which, in turn, act as convectors or heating batteries. An ordinary radiator at home works on the principle of heating its surface with water, after which the battery warms up the air. This process leads to a feeling of stuffiness in the room.
Purchasing an infrared ceiling heater can help solve this problem. Indeed, continuing the analogy with the sun, if it burned oxygen, life on Earth would cease to exist.That is, the infrared heater does not burn oxygen and there is no feeling of lack of air in the room.
Ceiling infrared heaters: all the truth and myths, the pros and cons of devices
Infrared heaters are one of the most modern heating systems with many advantages over previous solutions. However, like any device, this technique has its drawbacks. Let's look at the pros and cons of such heaters.
Benefits of buying infrared ceiling heaters with thermostat
Ceiling-type infrared heaters have the following advantages:
- compactness and space saving - ceiling infrared heaters with a thermostat do not take up space in the room and do not clutter up the living space;
- efficiency - such a device helps to significantly reduce electricity costs and utility bills, mainly due to the thermostat;
- these heaters do not dry the air, therefore, there is no need for constant ventilation of the room, additional use of a humidifier and air conditioner, which also contributes to savings;
- ease of installation - the absence of complex circuits allows you to connect the heater yourself;
- wealth of choice - from the variety of shapes and models, you can always choose a ceiling infrared heater, the price of which suits you, and the appearance of the device organically fits into the interior;
- harmlessness to human health - you can install such a heater in any living space, including a child's bedroom;
- fire safety - any infrared ceiling heater of the new generation is equipped with a special sensor that reacts to overheating, and in the event of a risk of fire, the device will simply turn off.
Disadvantages of buying an infrared heater with a thermostat
The disadvantages of purchasing an infrared ceiling heater are as follows:
- cost - although the price of ceiling infrared heaters is compensated for by long-term and efficient operation, it is nevertheless quite high and, depending on the company and the power of the device, can reach 30 thousand rubles. for one heater;
Useful advice! To save money on buying a heater, you can pay attention to the products of domestic companies. For example, if you buy an Icoline or Bilux infrared ceiling heater, it will cost several times cheaper with a quality similar to European.
- problems with use at low ceilings indoors - in this case, you will have to prefer the ceiling wall or floor heater;
- the need to take into account the possibilities of wiring even before buying a device - if many electrical appliances are used at the same time in your apartment, an excessive load on the network may occur.
Ceiling infrared heater with thermostat for summer cottages and houses. Other types of devices
Before buying an infrared ceiling heater for your home, summer cottage or non-residential premises, carefully study all types of devices and possible model options. Each type of device has its own characteristics: some are optimal for the home, while others are categorically not suitable for living quarters. Let's take a closer look at the classification of heating devices.
Classification of heaters by power and radiation source
Various types of heating devices, their features and applications:
|Heater type||Heater features||Where use|
|Film infrared ceiling heater||
||the best option for giving|
||such a heater cannot be left unattended, therefore it is inconvenient for living quarters|
|Electric household heater||
Useful advice! If an infrared heater is the main source of heat in your home, make sure you have thermostats in every room. These devices help to maintain a constant comfortable temperature in the room, and also act as additional measures against possible fire.
Choosing an infrared ceiling heater for a greenhouse
At the stage when seed germination is expected, the room temperature and soil temperature are of particular importance. That is why infrared heaters in the country are often used not only to heat the house, but also in the greenhouse.
For these purposes, it is better to choose small, low-power models, since heavy-duty devices are not needed to heat the greenhouse, and the compact dimensions will simplify installation. In the case of a long greenhouse, it is better to equip it with several weaker heaters instead of one powerful one.
An infrared heater is the best choice for gardeners, because when the inside of the greenhouse is heated with other devices, the heated air rises, leaving the soil cold and not speeding up seed germination and plant development. The infrared device, first of all, will act on plants and soil, and then on the air.
In addition, such devices are economical, especially when thermostat, which will help to avoid overheating and excessive consumption of electricity. And all the costs are paid off by an increase in germination and a reduction in the time it takes for seeds to germinate. For example, when the soil is heated with infrared heaters, the germination rate increases by 30-35%, which many times justifies the costs in the case of expensive elite seeds or an urgent need to obtain a very early harvest.
Classification of infrared heaters by design
Depending on the design features, infrared heaters are divided into the following types:
- panel, made in the form of flat thin rectangular panels (most often with a flat heating element);
- in the form of a lamp with a reflector and a spiral heater (it can have a different shape, size, thickness and appearance);
- film, made in the form of a polymer film with a heater applied in a thick layer on its surface.
Heating element classification
In terms of shape, heating elements are:
- lamellar flat;
- super thin film.
According to the material of manufacture, the heating elements are divided into:
- quartz - the source of infrared radiation is a tungsten filament in a quartz vacuum tube or a monolithic slab of quartz sand;
- carbon - the source of radiation is carbon fiber or ultrathin plates;
- halogen - the tube in such heaters is filled with inert gas;
- ceramic - heat evenly spreads over the plates of ceramic parts, the surface of the heater is almost not heated at the same time;
- micathermic - have the ability to heat objects.
How to choose an infrared ceiling heater
First of all, when choosing a heater, one should proceed from the characteristics of the room in which the device will be installed. However, there are general characteristics to look out for when purchasing.
Table with the main characteristics of infrared ceiling heaters:
|Protection against moisture and condensation||
|Heater material (for film heaters)||
Useful advice! If you haven't found where to buy a ceiling infrared heater that suits you in all respects, do not rush to buy what you have. Refer to online stores of trusted manufacturers - very often there is more assortment on sites than in offline stores.
Ceiling infrared electric heaters: thermostat selection
The price of an IR heater with a thermostat will be higher than a device without a built-in thermostat. But keep in mind that purchasing a thermostat separately can be compared to the price of the heater itself. At the same time, everything depends on the manufacturer of the device and its complexity, therefore there are also budget models on the market. If you decide to purchase a thermostat separately, you should know what characteristics to pay attention to.
Types of thermostats and their features:
|Mechanical thermostat with timer||
|Electronic thermostat with manual temperature control||
Useful advice! Choose a thermostat and infrared heater from the same manufacturer. This measure eliminates the risk of device incompatibility.
How to install an infrared heater
The main thing to consider when installing a ceiling heater is the ceiling height. Make sure that it allows you to position the device, leaving the minimum distance from the heater to the head of a standing person. For example, the minimum distance allowed between the heater and the head of a standing person is 0.5 m. Thus, the ceiling in the room must be at least 2.30 m.
Also pay attention to the material of the ceiling decoration - it must be non-flammable. If your ceiling is finished with PVC film, clapboard or plastic panels, buy only a device specially designed for such cases, or give preference to a wall or floor heater.
This type of heaters is easy to install. You do not need to purchase additional accessories - all the necessary fasteners are included in the kit with the device.
From the tools you will need:
- a hammer;
Step-by-step installation instructions
Installation steps for a ceiling infrared heater:
- Calculate where to optimally install the ceiling heater. This is usually the coldest spot above a door or window. But, depending on the purpose of the heater, the location may vary.
- Fasten the holders-brackets - metal corners with holes through which the ceiling is supposed to be drilled. Note that there are two fasteners on each bracket - do not neglect them. The weight of the heater is light, however, precautions will never hurt.
- Drive anchors into the drilled holes and tighten until they squeak.
- If the room has a very high ceiling, attach special hanging chains to the pre-fixed brackets. With their help, you can independently adjust the height of the heater.
- Hang the heater from the chains.
- Make electrical wiring. The wires from the device must pass to the thermostat, they are connected according to the diagram attached to the device. Usually, three heaters are connected to one regulator, but there are models with five connectors.
- Check each device one by one.
- Connect the wires from the thermostat to the electrical wiring.
Useful advice! If there is a wooden ceiling in the room, drilling is not needed - just screw in the screws.
How to install a film heater
The foil ceiling heater is even easier to install. Fix the device to the ceiling using self-tapping screws or glue. Be careful with the heating element - choose other mounting locations on the surface of the device.
Depending on the size of the room, after installing the heater, the warmth in the room is felt already after 10-30 minutes.
Rating of ceiling infrared heaters, features of manufacturers
Various heaters of both domestic and foreign manufacturers are presented on the market. And each company has its own leading models. So, let's look at the most popular IR ceiling-type heaters:
- infrared ceiling heaters Peony. The equipment of this brand is the number one decision when choosing among domestic manufacturers. The models of this company with ceramic heaters are especially popular.The company also has an original line of designer devices in glass cases. One of the main advantages of these heaters is their versatility - suitable models can be found for both home and summer cottages. In addition, the price of infrared ceiling heaters with a Pion thermostat will be lower than their foreign counterparts with a similar quality;
- infrared ceiling heaters Ballu. This company is the undisputed leader among the products of foreign manufacturers. Baloo infrared ceiling heaters are durable. In addition, the products of this company are universal: both models for domestic and industrial use are presented on the market;
- heaters of the Ecoline ceiling type. The devices of this company show themselves well in everyday life. Their strong point is high efficiency with a long period of use without loss of performance;
Infrared heaters: pros and cons, device prices. The use of infrared heaters for various premises. Heating area of devices. Heaters Almak. Average rates for infrared devices.
- infrared heaters Heat V. Industrial infrared ceiling heaters from this company have proven themselves especially well. Among their advantages are adaptability to continuous work, the ability to work at extreme temperatures and resistance to negative environmental influences;
- ceiling heaters PLEN. This company offers high quality film heaters.
Infrared ceiling heaters with thermostat: device prices
Price comparison for infrared ceiling heaters from different manufacturers:
|Manufacturer||Price level, rub.|
|Heat V||from 4000|
Choosing a heater, you want to save money. However, try to think over the purchase in the long term, because it is worth taking into account not only the cost, but also the power, durability of the device. First of all, one should proceed from your goal.
For example, the purchase of an infrared film ceiling heater with a thermostat, the price of which is much lower than other types of infrared heating devices, will be justified if your task is to solve the momentary problem of heating a room (for example, in a rented apartment or in a country house). But, if you expect to use such a heater for decades, it is better to pay attention to models with longer service life - they are more expensive, but they pay off with long and trouble-free operation.