Old-style walls were usually bulky floor-to-ceiling cabinets that occupied an entire wall and were often standard sizes. The wall in the living room in a modern style has much smaller parameters, but thanks to the built-in fittings, it is not inferior in spaciousness to the old huge wardrobes. A modern wall is easy to place in a small apartment, the main thing is to correctly measure the parameters of the room and furniture.
- 1 How to choose the right wall in the living room: the main nuances
- 2 The main differences between the modular wall in the living room and the cabinet model
- 3 Wall-slide in the living room: the main advantages of the model
- 4 The main features of choosing a corner wall in the living room
- 5 Advantages of living room wall with wardrobe
- 6 TV wall: design options and key benefits
- 7 Modern walls in the hall with a place for a computer, a display case for dishes or with open shelves
- 8 Features of choosing a wall for a small living room
- 9 What materials are modern walls made of in the living room
- 10 How to choose the color of the wall in the living room in a modern style
- 11 How to choose a design for a living room wall in a modern style: photos of beautiful interiors
- 12 The main advantages of custom-made walls for the living room: photos of finished examples
- 13 How to properly position the wall in the hall: ideas for organizing space
How to choose the right wall in the living room: the main nuances
The walls for the hall are multifunctional complexes for storing clothes and other necessary items. A modern wall is able to emphasize the style of the interior and create coziness in the room. Now the market offers a wide selection of goods, and in the catalogs representing the products of large furniture enterprises, you can find photos and prices of modern walls in the hall.
Modern models differ not only in size and configuration, but also in design, material of manufacture and dimensions. All these nuances play an important role in the pricing process. The most popular are modular living room walls, which are a set consisting of various parts. Due to the design features of this furniture, the component elements can be installed in different ways, which makes it possible to adjust the design to the characteristics of the room.
Walls are considered an excellent option that allows you to comfortably equip a room, diversify the interior design, and compactly place the necessary things and equipment. When choosing furniture for the living room, it is recommended to select models that fit perfectly into the overall style of the room and the home as a whole. The main thing is that the furniture matches the parameters of the room and does not clutter it up.
Wall in a living room in a modern style: what to look for when choosing
The living room is usually not too large. Buying furniture for a small room needs to be taken very seriously. In this case, it is important to select items so as to rationally use the space. Since the wall in the living room is purchased for more than one year, the balance of price and quality is an important criterion. In addition, it is worth paying attention to other nuances that must also be taken into account when choosing a wall.
Wall configuration. There are various options for living room furniture on the market. The most popular are U-shaped, straight and angular designs, which are suitable for living rooms with various shapes. For rectangular and square rooms, straight walls are recommended. Corner options fit well into a small room with a blind corner. U-shaped are often used in large living rooms.
Material. The raw materials used in the production of furniture affect the quality, reliability and durability of furnishings. The final cost of the finished kit also depends on the quality of the material. Basically, furniture is made of wood, chipboard or glued MDF. There are also options from artificial materials.
The quality of the fittings. High-quality fittings will make it possible to use the internal equipment of the wall as correctly as possible and will increase the performance of the furniture.
Color scheme. Models with dark facades can be used to decorate living rooms in country houses or spacious apartments. For small spaces, it is better to choose furniture with light facades.
Functionality. The main purpose of this type of furniture is storage of things. Therefore, you need to choose such a wall for a living room in a modern style, which is equipped with a wardrobe, open or closed shelves and drawers. It is also important that there are specially equipped places designed for placing equipment, for example, for installing a TV.
Design. The choice of design completely depends on the preferences of the owner, as well as on the overall concept of the interior and decoration of the living room.
The main differences between the modular wall in the living room and the cabinet model
Furniture manufacturers who specialize in the manufacture of modern walls in the living room distinguish two main types of this piece of furniture:
- solid solid;
- models consisting of separate modules.
Solid one-piece wall options have certain dimensions, therefore, they must be chosen based on the dimensions of the wall along which the product will be installed. Solid models consist of several sections that are tightly adjacent to each other and are more suitable for arranging spacious rooms.
A modular living room wall is considered a convenient option for decorating any room, but is best suited for small spaces. The modular design of the wall allows you to select individual components and place them in the required sequence.Sometimes in the photo of the walls in the hall you can see how the parts of the modular structure are located in a small room.
Important! Recently, hinged modular systems, in which all sections, including the lower pedestals, are fixed on the wall, have become increasingly popular. The lack of legs makes cleaning the room more convenient.
What are modern modular walls in the living room
Modular wall options are widely represented in the catalogs of many furniture manufacturers. The models are distinguished by the presence of separately located elements - the so-called modules, which differ in shape, size and configuration. If you look at photos of modern walls in the living room, then you can pay attention that the furniture consists of items such as:
- wardrobe with doors or showcase;
- bedside table;
- mini bar;
- chest of drawers.
Due to the fact that the elements are not fastened together, you can think over different ways of arranging parts and vary them depending on the size of the living room. Parts of the modular wall are lightweight, so they can be easily moved around the room, choosing the most suitable position. If you completely divide the wall into components, then you can not install them along one wall, but evenly distribute them throughout the room, placing chairs, sofas and racks between them.
A popular option for placing a modular wall is the installation of all elements along one wall, resulting in a classic scheme that creates the appearance of a single structure. If you look at photos of modern walls in the hall, then you can find other ways of arrangement:
- Along one wall, but in the distance. In this case, the wall elements are diluted with other pieces of furniture.
- Along two perpendicular walls. The corner design is considered functional because it optimally utilizes the blind corner.
- U-shaped way along three walls. In a spacious living room, thanks to the large number of modules, it is possible to provide complete furnishings.
- Randomly around the room. The chaotic distribution of elements involves the placement of some parts along one of the walls, some others along the other. This installation option does not deny the removal of some details in the central part of the living room and their use as elements of space zoning.
Wall-slide in the living room: the main advantages of the model
Considering the photo of the walls in the hall, you can find a large number of different configuration options for furniture elements. To give the living room an unusual look and emphasize the design style of the space, slide walls are installed, which are distinguished by an unusual appearance and unique design.
Living room in a classic style: sophistication, harmony and comfort in the interior
Natural and laconic decoration of the room. Stylistic orientation of furniture. Luxurious, multifaceted textiles and decor. Neoclassicism in the interior.
The main advantages of this type of furniture are:
- compact size with a large cabinet capacity;
- mobility, which is ensured due to the fact that the modules can be easily rearranged;
- a large selection of colors. Looking through the photos of the slides in the hall, you should pay attention to the variety of shapes and various design options.
Helpful advice! Before purchasing a wall-slide, it is advised to first determine the purpose of using the furniture.The number of built-in elements, the overall size and shape of the cabinet will depend on the task at hand. It is better to order a slightly larger slide, because the number of things that need to be placed in the closet may increase.
Modular slides are considered practical and convenient. In this case, you can easily swap items, add new shelves and drawers, and remove parts that are not required at a certain point in time. Choosing a slide for the TV, you can conveniently place the device around which hinged shelves and cabinets will be located. If you need to store more things, you can order additional modules that will become a continuation of the wall. This option will not only save space in the room, but also save money. Below you can see a selection of photos of slides in the living room of different sizes.
The main features of choosing a corner wall in the living room
Corner living rooms allow you to rationally use all the available space, this is especially true for arranging small living rooms. When using the corner type of construction, the central space of the room remains free. In the photo of the walls in the living room, you can see various options for arranging furniture elements.
Corner furniture is characterized by spaciousness: books, appliances, decor items are compactly placed in such a wall. The modular TV system, depending on the needs, can be equipped with other necessary sections. Based on the dimensions of the room, the wall can be supplemented with shelves or beautiful glazing can be used.
Other advantages of using corner walls are:
- Saving living space. Furniture elements with an angular shape make the most effective use of the free space in the room.
- Considerable roominess. The corner design allows you to store a large number of household items and decorative items.
- Correction of unevenness of the wall. Thanks to the installation of furniture in a corner, you can easily hide the curvature of the abutment of the walls, as well as some errors in wallpapering.
- Changing the shape of the room. Installing a corner wall will help to visually change the parameters of a room, for example, expand the boundaries of a small room or expand a narrow living room.
Advantages of living room wall with wardrobe
Placing a wardrobe in the living room is a popular option for decorating modern apartments. A wall with a wardrobe allows you to store bedding, clothes and other things in one place. This is convenient when the living room is used as a bedroom, which is often found in one-room apartments.
Helpful advice! A spacious wardrobe makes it possible to optimize the storage of things, which makes it easier to find a particular item.
To choose the right cabinet, you need to know the basic requirements that apply to it:
- Furniture should be roomy enough to easily reach any necessary item that is located in it.
- It is recommended that the interior fittings have two hanger compartments, on which it is easy to place both short and long items. It is important to have spacious shelves, as well as dividing the cabinet into two sections.
- The materials used in the manufacture of the cabinet must meet quality standards and be safe. When buying, be sure to check with the seller if there is a hygiene certificate for the product.
The size of the cabinet and the type of construction are selected based on the number of things that are supposed to be stored in it. In addition, the choice of size is influenced by the features of the configuration of the room. The best option is considered when the cabinet is built into a niche and does not take up extra space.
TV wall: design options and key benefits
When choosing a wall for a TV in a modern style, the first thing to start from is the size of the TV. Therefore, you should decide in advance on the model and familiarize yourself with the parameters of the furniture in the online store. It is important to know the width, height, and thickness of the TV.
The advantage of the TV wall is the ability to embed the device deep into the structure, while making the screen an addition to the interior. In addition, the TV located in the niche is more protected from mechanical stress. In addition to installing the TV, the wall should provide space for an audio system, speakers and a DVD player. The downside is that the TV niche takes up quite a lot of space and because of its presence, you will have to sacrifice other functional modules.
For small rooms, special narrow mini-walls for TV or inexpensive stands have been developed, which consist of several sections, more often there are no more than two or three of them. Basically, these furniture elements are made with light facades of neutral shades, which look advantageous in a small room, visually expanding the space. It is better to choose such walls in a minimalistic style. The TV section, surrounded by small shelves, which are used for arranging books, will fit perfectly into the interior, and this option is not very expensive.
Modern walls in the hall with a place for a computer, a display case for dishes or with open shelves
The wall, additionally equipped with a computer table, allows you to use the living room as a full-fledged study. Looking through various photos of the walls in the living room, you can pay attention to various options for the location of the computer, which make it possible to save space and fit organically into the overall interior.
Additional showcases installed in the wall in the living room allow you to beautifully arrange accessories, souvenirs, heirlooms and photographs. Glass shelves of such showcases, as well as installed mirrors and lighting give the living room a unique appearance.
This wall with open shelves is perfect for people who are fond of reading and want to equip a small library in the living room. In addition to placing books, these shelves can be used to arrange flowers in pots or vases. When choosing decorative elements, it is important to ensure that they fit harmoniously into the interior.
Important! A wall with open shelves requires more careful maintenance, because open surfaces are most susceptible to dust settling.
Features of choosing a wall for a small living room
When decorating a small room, you should not give preference to the installation of modular structures of significant sizes. For a small living room, designers recommend choosing models with open shelves and drawers. Such mini-walls in the living room will save and efficiently use the space of a small room. In this case, it is appropriate to install a pencil case, which will add functionality to the wall and make it more spacious.
In a small living room, it is better to give preference to furniture with light facades, which look much lighter and not as cumbersome as dark options.For small rooms, the best option is considered to be walls made in the style of loft, minimalism, fusion or hi-tech, which are small in size, but at the same time have a capacious volume.
The best option for arranging a small room is a modern wall-slide, in the decoration of which mirrored facades are used. They not only fill the room with additional lighting, but also visually add space. Remember, however, that mirrored surfaces require regular and thorough maintenance.
The modern wall, which has a dark bottom and a light top, helps to visually reduce the true size of the furniture. Walls designed for horizontal placement on the floor, as well as hanging models, are good ways to decorate a small living room.
What materials are modern walls made of in the living room
The most expensive and elite option is a wall made of natural wood. Basically, wood is used for the production of furniture in a classic design or Provence style. The type of wood affects the price of the finished product. The most expensive and durable is oak furniture, which is distinguished by the large weight of the finished structure. A wall made of beech, cherry or walnut will cost a little less. Pine belongs to the most budgetary materials. There are also combined options that combine natural wood and chipboard (or MDF).
The main materials from which the walls are made:
- Chipboard is a raw material used for the production of budget models. Chipboard walls have an attractive appearance, but they are not as durable and less safe than products made from natural wood and MDF.
- MDF is considered the material closest to natural and is characterized by good performance properties. Lacquer coating and surface lamination increase the service life of the MDF wall.
- Metal, plastic and glass. They are used to create designer furniture. Typically, models from such materials are used to emphasize an ultra-modern interior, made in high-tech, modern or minimalist style.
How to choose the color of the wall in the living room in a modern style
The choice of wall color directly depends on the general color scheme that is used to decorate the room, and on what effect is required to be achieved after installing the piece of furniture. If you need to create a feeling of lightness and airiness, it is recommended to give preference to furniture in pastel colors, which include sand, beige and marbled colors. In the case when you need to emphasize the refined interior and make the design of the room individual, it is better to pay attention to dark colors (like natural wood), these include walnut, cedar and rosewood.
Other popular color options:
- White is versatile and goes well with almost all shades. The downside to white furniture is that it requires careful maintenance to maintain its impeccable appearance.
- Natural wood color. Any shades are acceptable here - from light to rich dark. This color option is considered suitable for any interior design - from classic to modern style.
- Multi-colored and multi-textured options. To make the living room bright, you need to choose unpredictable shades, as well as complement the facades with unusual inserts. This technique will make the living room extraordinary and unusual.
How to choose a design for a living room wall in a modern style: photos of beautiful interiors
The appearance of a modern living room wall will depend on the overall style of the room interior. The variety of models offered allows you to choose a model that will harmoniously fit into any living room interior design. Let us dwell in more detail on popular stylistic trends that involve the use of walls in the interior.
Minimalism. Models made in this style are characterized by a laconic design and easily fit into the interior of a small apartment. A distinctive feature of the direction is the use of a small number of pieces of furniture and decorative elements. A lot of glass shelves are used. The main colors are black, silver and white. The shape of the wall is characterized by clear geometric lines.
High tech. Usually these are modular products that are made in black or white. The wall design is supplemented with interior elements that carry a functional load. The presence of a large plasma TV panel is considered mandatory.
Provence. The style of the trend involves the use of calm tones, as well as the presence of interior details with floral motives. Typical colors are lavender, blue, and neutral light tones.
Classic. Furniture for classic interiors is mainly made from natural materials. It is acceptable to use decorative carving here. The use of correct geometric shapes is encouraged. The most relevant colors are white, cream and natural wood shades.
The main advantages of custom-made walls for the living room: photos of finished examples
If a suitable wall was not found on the trading floors, then it would be advisable to order furniture according to individual parameters. This option has its advantages:
- The custom-made wall fits perfectly into the parameters of the room, taking into account its characteristics.
- Custom-made furniture will be exclusive and unparalleled.
- When installing the wall, the likelihood of difficulties is minimal, while factory furniture may have some defective parts or flaws.
- Custom-made furniture makes it easy to mask room flaws or finishing flaws.
Helpful advice! The main advantage of individual ordering of furniture is that it is made taking into account the characteristics of the room, its size, the presence of niches and corners.
How to properly position the wall in the hall: ideas for organizing space
The wall is considered the best option for the rational organization of space in the living room. If a corner structure was chosen, which is located near the window, then it would be appropriate to place capacious systems under the window for storing the necessary items. The main thing is that in this case a heating system is not installed there.
If we are talking about arranging a large living room, then it is recommended to use modular corner racks, which, in addition to the main function, help to zone the space. Open shelving can be used to separate the dining area from the living room. It is recommended to supplement the sitting area with a built-in armchair or a small sofa, which can be pulled out or retracted as needed.
Walls for living rooms, made in a modern style, have good spaciousness and flexibility in configuration. A wide variety of models on sale allows you to choose the right option for rooms of all types, sizes and shapes.Using these opportunities, it is easy to implement original interesting ideas for arranging and furnishing a stylish living room, in which both guests and homeowners will be comfortable.