It's no secret that many families have their own relics, albums, all kinds of books, stamp collections, as well as souvenirs and documents. Every little thing deserves to be put in a safe place. By choosing the right bookcase with glass doors, you can turn the overall furniture composition into a real masterpiece of design art.
- 1 Bookcase-shelving: a new look at home libraries
- 2 Glass cabinet-showcase: the embodiment of classics and elegance in the interior
- 3 Bookcase with glass doors: designs
- 4 Bookcase-shelf for books: a few words about dimensions
- 5 Bookcases with glass doors: a variety of materials
- 6 Bookcase with glass: mood color white
- 7 Swedish bookcase: a manufacturer that deserves special attention
- 8 Children's shelves for books and toys for little fidgets
- 9 Bookcase: photos of designs in various interiors
Bookcase-shelving: a new look at home libraries
Book shelves are a piece of furniture you can hardly do without. Even if the house does not have a large library, this design is used to store various useful little things.
Book racks with glass vary depending on the dimensions, materials, and design. That is why it is so important to know about the main aspects that deserve attention in order not to make a mistake in the choice.
Speaking about the peculiarities of storing books, it is worth noting that the optimal length of the rack compartment in this case is considered to be 50-80 cm. In this case, the number of tiers can be absolutely any.
Note! It is best to store books vertically. Tilting them can cause damage to the binding, and horizontal placement prevents proper ventilation.
As for the depth of the structure - regardless of its type, be it a shelf, a bookcase or a full-fledged cabinet - it is better to have a margin. At the same time, most standard books will be quite enough depth within 35-40 cm.
The height of the structures depends on the sizes of the volumes.If most of the library consists of collections of standard dimensions, the height of the shelf may not exceed 30 cm. But old volumes or art history albums require higher storage compartments.
For rich collections, a multi-tiered bookcase is the best solution. Photos of such structures, among which you can choose the best option for your own interior, are easy to find on specialized sites.
When it comes to the dimensions of the structure, it is worth noting that narrow book shelves provide more options than massive products. It will take a lot of effort to move a structure with a width of the entire wall - you can hardly do without outside help. If you still need a cabinet of considerable size, it is better to give preference to hanging shelving for books.
Glass cabinet-showcase: the embodiment of classics and elegance in the interior
The atmosphere of the room, in which books are given a special place, where they are cared for and respected, gives the interior a certain status, intelligence and spirituality, regardless of the general style of the apartment. The view of the roots, the neat rows of which can be observed through the glass of the shutters, will attract attention with special magic. A cabinet with glass doors will add a unique aura and coziness to your favorite interior.
In connection with the era of digitalization, some people question the advisability of purchasing such a cabinet. To dispel them, you just need to familiarize yourself with the basic functions that this practical piece of furniture performs. In addition, after examining numerous photos of bookcases with glass doors, you can choose a product that will perfectly complement the interior.
Furniture for storing literature must meet certain requirements. It's no secret that books are highly susceptible to negative influences from external factors. If not provided with optimal conditions, they will lose their original appearance too quickly. By placing the volumes in a vertical position, their lifespan will be significantly increased.
Note! To ensure safety, it is absolutely not necessary to purchase a massive cabinet. A rack with glass doors will also provide reliable protection for your favorite books.
Another important condition, the fulfillment of which will allow the owners of the cabinets to enjoy the convenience, is the provision of prompt search and unimpeded access to any books. To achieve this, it is necessary to sort the available literature and put it spines first in such a way that you can clearly see the contents of the shelves.
In addition to functional qualities, bookshelves and shelves, photos of which can be found on the Internet, are endowed with a very stylish design. A beautiful wardrobe filled with worthy publications will surely become a beneficial accent in any interior.
Constructions for storing literature were created not only to organize your favorite books, collecting them in a single library, but also to protect the collection from sunlight, children's pranks and dust. Thanks to the glass cabinet doors, book lovers have an excellent opportunity to browse the contents and find the books they need without opening the cabinet.
Bookcase with glass doors: designs
Perhaps the main difference between bookcases with glass doors is the type of doors. Depending on this parameter, the presented products can be:
- with many doors.
In this case, a distinction is made between hinged or sliding doors.As for hinged ones, they need more space for opening, it is simply impossible to put other pieces of furniture close to them. That is why glass wardrobes that save precious space are gaining more and more popularity among buyers.
It is interesting! Wardrobes with flaps have practically become history: they are almost never produced by modern companies. They open vertically from bottom to top or vice versa. In such products, each shelf is equipped with its own door.
Depending on the design of furniture for storing books, they are built-in, linear, modular, hinged and corner. The last two types deserve special attention.
Corner bookcase with glass doors: product features
Speaking of corner structures, it should be noted that they are ideal for arranging workplaces and framing computer tables. It will be much easier to study or work if you can reach the book you need without getting up.
Corner products are offered in the following shape variations:
- L-shaped - is placed along several walls. In this case, one part is often longer than the second, and the edge of the cabinet, being rounded, is equipped with shelves for small things.
- Diagonal - the design resembles a triangle, the angle is 90 degrees.
- Trapezoidal - equipped with additional walls on the sides, the total number of which reaches three pieces. In addition, there is a door mechanism here.
- Five-walled - the largest option, providing the ability to store many different things.
Despite the fact that the cost of corner glass cabinets is higher than the price of classic models, this is fully justified by their convenience and practicality.
Wall cabinet for books: a guarantee of functionality and convenience
The wall-mounted bookcase is a rather rare guest in modern interiors. But in vain ... This is a very convenient and functional piece of furniture, which may differ in shape and size.
Depending on the configuration, there are the following types of wall-mounted bookcases:
- designs with glass doors.
General purpose bookcases with glass are the most common option. Often in such structures there are several shelves, which provide the ability to conveniently place literary masterpieces. As for the dimensions of such products, they can be both standard and individual - if a piece of furniture is made to order.
Most modern interiors are complemented by wardrobes that have no doors at all. In fact, such designs are hanging shelves for books. Although in this case the books are completely unprotected from the effects of dust and other negative factors from the outside, the convenience of access to them is provided.
Speaking of wall-mounted bookcases - cabinets with glass doors, it should be noted that they will be an excellent solution for giving the room a stylish and modern design.
Bookcase-shelf for books: a few words about dimensions
As for the dimensions of the product, it all depends on the area of the room, as well as on the size of the home book collection. Since most economy-class apartments are compact, narrow book shelves are the best option for them.
Compliance with the design style.Structures for zoning. Models for a children's room, living room, dressing room. DIY making.
Playing a secondary role, the presented products do not attract undue attention to themselves and are an excellent addition to interiors made in Provence style. Such furniture is characterized by a sophisticated and elegant look. Moreover, such cabinets are spacious. They can store not only books, but also rare things and framed photos.
Note! The standard length of shelves in bookcases is considered to be 1 m, due to which they do not bend under the weight. The optimal solution is to arrange the books in one row: thanks to this, you can take a look at the entire collection of works and easily find what you need.
Often, books in the second row are unlikely to ever be opened. A narrow bookcase with glass doors is an excellent solution for single-row collections, and if you attach them to the wall with a few bolts, you can ensure maximum safety of the structure. In this case, the width of the shelves corresponds to the width of the books placed and should be no more than 31.5 cm.
If we are talking about a compact arrangement of a rich book collection in several rows, you will need large-sized pieces of furniture, the base width of which reaches 65 cm. Due to this, it will be convenient to place atlases, luxury gift editions, as well as art albums on such shelves. Such cabinets are characterized by excellent stability and are suitable not only for placement along walls, but also for the purpose of zoning the space.
Bookcases with glass doors: a variety of materials
Classic structures for storing books have always been made of solid wood, covered with red or black varnish, decorated with original carvings, demonstrating the welfare of the owners and their excellent taste. Such beauty can still be found in antique shops today. However, modern models are absolutely not inferior to products of the past in terms of appearance.
The furniture market, where designs are presented using innovative technologies and materials, offers consumers a huge selection of bookcases with glass doors:
- From solid wood - from products made of birch and pine of the budget segment to expensive specimens of Italian walnut, Karelian birch and bog oak.
- From chipboard. Furniture made of chipboard and finished with veneer of the most valuable wood species is a more economical solution compared to the previous option.
- Made of MDF. The finely dispersed fraction of wood resembles solid wood, but is characterized by a lower cost. Due to the density of this material, elegant details and sophisticated finishes can be created. In addition, the products are environmentally friendly as they do not emit formaldehyde.
- Made of plastic. This material is the pride of the modern chemical industry. The furniture is characterized by resistance to moisture, lightness, and a rich selection of colors.
- From glass. In such structures, not only the doors are glass, but also the sidewalls. For the living room, glass display cabinets will be a wonderful solution, since they allow you to see the contents from any side. However, this design requires constant monitoring of its purity: the presence of handprints can spoil the effect.
Note! In each of the above options, the doors are equipped with tempered glass, which is characterized by safety during operation.Even in the event of an emergency, the glass will not fail and will not shatter into fragments.
As for the accessories for such furniture, it is made for every taste and from various materials using modern technologies. Due to this, you can bring to life the most sophisticated ideas of book lovers.
Bookcase with glass: mood color white
Despite their simplicity, the models of cabinets, made in light colors, are distinguished by a modern, elegant look. They are able to add sophistication and originality to the room.
It is interesting! According to psychologists, furniture in white shades can calm and tune in to positive.
A white bookcase with glass doors will bring extra light to the room and become a creative highlight of the design. Speaking about the texture of furniture, it should be noted that glossy models will add solemnity to the interior, and matte products will harmoniously complement absolutely any design.
Milk furniture pieces delight with their versatility. They are suitable for nurseries, bedrooms, teenagers' rooms and even offices. White is very well combined with red, blue, gold and silver shades. As for the furniture for storing books, it will look spectacular against the background of olive, beige, as well as gold wallpaper or plaster.
The choice of design for a light product depends on the style in which the interior of the room is decorated. For antique-style rooms, white cabinets with a minimum of decorative elements are suitable. In this case, the shapes should be as smooth as possible, without sharp edges. It is best to complement the interior of a bedroom or living room with such a design.
Classic-style rooms will be decorated with a white wooden piece of furniture - a bookcase with fittings of a similar design. Baguettes and carvings are acceptable decorative elements. At the same time, the design is designed to create an impression of luxury, solidity and grandeur.
In addition, light wardrobes are the perfect complement to loft-style interiors. For such a design, you can safely choose absolutely any product, perhaps, except for those that are too massive or are equipped with curved legs. By the way, metal shelves for books will perfectly fit into this style.
Helpful advice! White wardrobes do not go well with interior styles such as country, Gothic, and African. In this case, they will give a vulgar look to the room.
When it comes to white minimalist book products, they are often not equipped with any decorative elements. If the room is compact and needs to be visually expanded, it is better to give preference to a glossy facade.
A Swedish bookcase: a manufacturer that deserves special attention
As for the manufacturers of such products, almost each of them has a line in their arsenal, which includes variations of bookcases with glass doors. The modern furniture market pleases consumers with excellent examples of both domestic manufacturers and Spanish, Chinese and Italian furniture industry legislators.
The products manufactured by the Swedish company certainly deserve special attention. Ikea book shelves are ergonomic and simple designs that do not clutter up the space and are a wonderful addition to any interiors. For spacious living rooms or for a small student room, the catalog of this company is characterized by an unrivaled variety.
Perhaps the key feature of the Swedish manufacturer is that it makes it possible to design a room in a single stylistic design.For example, Ikea glass cabinets can be produced as one of the headset elements. At the same time, if necessary, you can easily purchase a cabinet, a table or shelves for books, characterized by a similar stylistic performance.
The manufacturer pleases buyers with a rich assortment of models that differ not only in cost, but also in the level of quality of workmanship, originality of finish, functional features and elegance of fittings.
Children's shelves for books and toys for little fidgets
When choosing furniture for a children's room, in particular for storing toys and books, it should be borne in mind that it must correspond to the child's age.
The toy storage system assumes the following classification:
- For an infant under 1 year old. During this period, he still has few toys, but instead of them there are many hygiene products and clothes. One small shelf is enough for all toys.
- For a toddler up to 6 years old. Children of this age are characterized by increased curiosity and excessive activity. This means that furniture should be functional, safe and comfortable. It is best to design a dedicated storage system that can accommodate all toys.
- For a child from 6 to 10 years old. Since at this age children begin to be interested in creativity and board games, it will be necessary to organize a place on the shelves to store notebooks, textbooks and stationery. In this case, a book rack in a children's room will be an excellent option.
- For teenagers. They hardly use toys anymore. They are being replaced by school supplies. Therefore, in this case, the best solution would be a school bookcase. In addition, for matured girls, a place for cosmetics and jewelry is very relevant.
Note! When choosing a cabinet, you must also take into account the gender of the child. For example, for boys it is better to choose more discreet shades. A future man absolutely does not need a flashy bright design. If we are talking about little princesses, gentle and pastel colors will be the best option.
In addition, girls will certainly appreciate the various elements that are intended for decoration.
Corner bookshelves: the perfect solution for a child's room
As for the room for the child, it is incredibly important to correctly distribute the furniture, and in such a way that the space does not turn out to be cluttered. If the area of the room is small, the corner-type shelving will be the best solution. This design will provide reliable storage of books in the nursery, as well as the child's favorite toys, leaving room for vigorous activity and creativity. Thanks to their compactness, racks are very popular.
The main advantages of this furniture are:
- Convenience. In this case, you can choose the desired configuration of drawers and shelves for storing toys and baby things. Moreover, the size and height should fully correspond to the age of the small owner.
- Safety. The rack is characterized by stability and reliable fastening to the wall. Even if an inquisitive fidget completely climbs on top of him, the risk of injury will be zero.
- Roominess. Despite the fact that from the side of the corner bookcase in the nursery it looks compact, it is quite roomy.
- Diversity. Since shelving has gained immense popularity, each manufacturer offers collections with a wide range of this type of furniture. Therefore, parents will have many options to choose from.
- Profitability. Corner structures take up a minimum of space in the space of the room.Thanks to this, a kind of clutter will not be created, and the little fidget will have room for active games.
- Multifunctionality. The cabinet is installed in such a way that it uses the corner of the room and the two walls adjacent to it. At the same time, parents can choose open-type structures with pull-out elements, closed cabinets, as well as bars for things.
It is interesting! If the room is too compact, a white design is the best option. It will literally "dissolve" in space and create a certain lightness and airiness in the room.
A bookcase-cabinet for books in a nursery is an excellent option for properly arranging a storage system. It is easy to choose it from a large assortment of models of various shades and configurations - it all depends on the gender, preferences and age of the inhabitant of the room. It is a reliable, comfortable and, most importantly, safe design that will last for a long time.
Bookcase in the nursery: basic rules for a good choice
In the process of choosing furniture for placement in a children's room, you should pay special attention to parameters such as:
- Height. The child should be able to reach each of the shelves without assistance. Therefore, it is very important that the height of the structure matches its height.
- Shelf dimensions. It is better to give preference to racks that are equipped with open shelves of various sizes. Thanks to this, all books and toys will be located extremely harmoniously. In addition, the rack can be equipped with a pair of large shelves, which can comfortably accommodate a doll house or a collection of your favorite toys.
- The presence of retractable elements. In such boxes it is very convenient to store bedding for a crib, some baby's things or even books, as well as board games.
- The originality of the design. In order for the baby to be able to reach the upper shelves, the lower ones should be slightly pushed forward.
- Quality. Since the furniture is installed in the baby's room, it is incredibly important to give preference to environmentally friendly materials.
- Safety. All corners of furniture items should be rounded. Unlike a bookcase with doors, which must be placed in the living room, the installation of glass elements is not allowed here. This is due to the fact that children are often overly active, so all parts that may be damaged should be excluded.
- Color scheme. For children's rooms, the best solution will be pieces of furniture with bright elements. Thanks to this, you can not only add color to the room, but also organize the storage system correctly. For example, shelves for books can be painted in one color, and for toys in another.
Before making a final decision on the type of construction, you should see the furniture with your own eyes. Parents need to pay special attention to the material, as well as the strength of the product itself and all its fasteners.
Do-it-yourself book and toy rack: design subtleties
A feature of all furniture that is manufactured in factories is that over time it loses its individuality and becomes monotonous. Since children learn about the world through play, they should only be surrounded by bright objects. The rack is no exception.
A self-made children's bookcase has many distinctive advantages. These include:
- unique design;
- a variety of all kinds of interesting solutions;
- environmental friendliness;
- design reliability.
The rack can take its rightful place in the room of a newborn baby. Initially, the shelves will be filled with hygiene items, as well as diapers and items.
Over time, parents can easily transform it into furniture that will meet the needs depending on the age of the baby. Pacifiers and undershirts are being replaced by constructors, books, creative kits, as well as other toys that the child is interested in.
When making a rack for a children's room, you should adhere to several basic rules:
- The structure must be characterized by maximum stability. This means that during the manufacturing process it will be necessary to place special emphasis on the quality of the base and all fastening parts.
- The product must be characterized by safety. It is unacceptable to place a rack with pointed corners and glass elements in a child's room.
Taking into account the above recommendations, it is possible to build an original and convenient rack for a child quite quickly and without much effort.
Bookcase: photos of designs in various interiors
The famous company Ikea offers consumers ergonomic and fairly simple designs for placing books. They do not clutter up precious space and are suitable for use not only at home.
For example, the modest model of Billy's shelving, which has been produced since 1979, has not lost its popularity to this day. The presented design will perfectly complement the interior of a small-sized or one-room apartment.
Also noteworthy is a similar module made in a double modification. At the same time, the interior will immediately sparkle: the contents of the modules will additionally emphasize the cozy respectability of the room. Due to the light finish and transparent glass doors for the cabinet, the structure seems to "dissolve" against the background of light walls.
Someone will like the brutal variation of the product for a loft-style room. In this case, the book "monster" literally "grows" into the boards with its black mass, gloomily shining with the glass of the doors, behind which the books are under safe cover.
More gentle and soulful is the variation of the loft-style wardrobe. In this case, the furniture is slightly aged, in line with the vintage stylistic direction. This option is attractive and somewhat elevated.
In the tiny room, there is also room for built-in book storage with sliding sliding doors. This is a pretty good solution for placing a large book collection in a limited space.
If the rooms do not have an area that allows you to install furniture for storing a literary collection, you can use the corridor or hallway. At the same time, additional illumination will not interfere with such a linear system at all.
As for office space, in this case, high-tech furniture is perfect, which is characterized by laconicism and efficiency. A glazed pencil case will organically fit into such an interior, in which you can conveniently arrange books and folders with important documents necessary for work.
Today, many solutions for interior decoration are offered to the attention of buyers. Corner book shelves, functional cabinets, wall and corner structures - the choice is really huge. Such products will not only take a worthy place in the room, but also become a reliable home for your favorite publications.